“Romantic stay in fabulous hotel!”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights ( Fri & Sat). Upon arriving at the hotel, we were met with chaos as there was a gala dinner being held and for some reason the reception of it was being held in the hotel reception!! After fighting our way to the reception desk, we checked into the standard room we had booked and enquired about an upgrade- the receptionist told us an upgrade had already been applied and we were being moved to a suite. The room, bathroom and balcony were gorgeous with lots of little extras such as our bed being made in the evening with water and chocolates in the room. The 5th floor where the suites were located was a 'children free floor' which was brilliant. All the products in the bathroom were Elemis- which was a nice treat! Breakfast was included and offered huge variety. Great entertainment was offered in the bar. The hotel was in a perfect location- really central and the complimentary use of the spa was great. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return. The only downside was that the bar area was freezing- we had to leave our jackets on both nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this review.

I am delighted to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry that you found the Bar was cold during your visit. I will pass this information onto the Bar manager and ensure that this monitored more carefully in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our honeymoon. We had never been to Galway before and pulled into the first familiar hotel we saw. Andrew at the front desk checked us in right away, gave us tips on parking, and provided us with tons of helpful information about Galway and the hotel. The room was clean, comfortable, and had a great view. We were very happy with our decision to stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social; Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly congratulations to you both.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the time you spent with us especially on this special occasion.

I hope that the rest of your trip went well and hope you will choose to stay with us again should you return to Galway.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed here approximately 5 times in the last year or so.. The staff persons are always professional, helpful and courteous.. The rooms are lovely.. The ones with a view are exceptional.. and I just adore the lobby, the fireplace eating area on the ground floor, and their breakfasts. The proximity to town on foot can also not be beat.
While it's in a very quiet nook of town, I think it's a gem not to be missed.
:-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coorsdinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this lovely review of our hotel.

I will pass your very kind words onto all of our staff members.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back another five times in the coming year.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I have to stay another night here tonight. There was a wedding and another event here last night with ridiculously loud music playing in various function rooms in the hotel until 2am. I was on the third floor but even so I could hear thumping music. Called down to reception to ask for ear plugs but they didn't have any. They did move me to a better room on a higher floor but I could still hear the music. Breakfast was incredibly busy and when I got up from my table to get some juice my table was immediately cleared and a couple seated there, so ended up in the bar and couldn't have a full breakfast. I would say this place is more like a nightclub than a hotel; unless you're at an event here and don't need to sleep, then find somewhere else. At half the price elsewhere you might not get as nice a room but at least you might be able to sleep. One if the worst hotel experiences I've ever had, dreading having to stay another night.

• Stayed: March 2014
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write this review.

Firstly I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the distribution you experienced during your recent stay.

We do host a lot of functions and events in our hotel at weekends and we do endeavour to allocate guests who are to attending these events in bedrooms away from the ballroom. Unfortunately on this this occasion the noise penetrated through the hotel more than we had anticipated.

I am very sorry to read that you did not have a pleasant experience at breakfast , I have brought your feedback to the attention of the restaurant manager and she will look into the details further.

We do appreciate you offering this feedback and will use it to improve our service in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

It's been about 2 years from I last stayed at the Radisson Blu in Galway. I travelled with 2 other friends to go for St. Patricks Day and I'm so glad we stayed at the Radission again. It truely is as good as I remember it being.
Perfect location, so close to town and everything you need.
Lisa-Marie, Dave and especially Patrick at Front Office were amazing. Always cheerfull and happy to help with silly questions about where to go out and "How do I log on to the wifi?"
Breakfast was fantastic - we were there for 3 days and each day it certainly helped to start us off.
The room was great, there were 3 of us and in some places that could be a little cramped, but in the Radisson, it was great, plenty of room for us to move around.
We made great use of the pool, hot tub and jacuzzi, after a long St. Patricks Day on Monday, this certainly helped us find the energy to go and explore on Tuesday.

Thanks for having us back to stay again Radisson Blu. Already looking forward to my next trip.
Keep doing what you're doing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review of our hotel. It is always fantastic to read that our guests have enjoyed their experience with us. It is even better to read that you are looking forward to your net visit.

I will pass your kind words to our entire team but especially to Patrick , Dave and Lisa Marie. They will be so happy that they helped to make your stay so memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Many thanks & best wishes,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We found the hotel to be good quality without being particularly special. Thankfully, the room was bright and had a view towards the lough. It was also quiet at night so we slept very well.

The layout of the bar and restaurant were a bit disappointing and we didn't think they had much atmosphere; maybe this was due to the time of year (the end of January!).

Staff members were all as professional and courteous as you would expect.

If you're looking for a conveniently situated hotel in the centre of Galway, this Radisson fits the bill very nicely, and I'm sure we'll stay here again if heading to Galway in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fmpBelfast

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to read that you felt our bar lacked atmosphere. I would like to let you know that this area of the hotel will be receiving a renovation before the end of this year.
I hope that this will help to add the atmosphere you missed on the evening in question.

I am glad that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and hope that you will consider returning to the hotel on any future visits to Galway.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel overlooks the Galway bay I got some great pictures from their outdoor patio of a double rainbow….only in Ireland. Beautiful sunrise and sunset pictures as well. It is within easy walking distance of all shopping restaurants and night life. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see Galway Bay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for very kind review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.