“Dissapointing”

The Galmont Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here for two night break,dissapointing overall.Firstly reception lacks atmosphere, ,both receptionists were "cold" and unhelpfull,no information given regarding their facilities,lacking totally in the cead mile failte department.I had to go searching for the spa facilities,where I was told book quickly as we are very busy.I understand that treatments need to be booked in advance,but no details were given to me regarding treatments available or any discounts for residents.I had to ask for the brochure,whatever happened to selling?
The bedroom was a standard room small,,very comfortable big bed,lovely luxurious throw,layer of dust on dressing table evident,fridge with nothing in it,a bottle of water would be welcome,,most three star hotels leave you a bottle of water nowdays.
The bathroom was in need of repair,two cracked tiles and one loose rocky tile on floor,wire sticking out from under sink,bathroom door architrave was veneered chipboard had been water soaked from bathroom floor and was now crumbling,shower very average,no different settings,not a four star hotel shower by any means.The room was cold but stuffy.
The breakfast was not at all good,there was a great variety to choose from,but poor quality,the sausages were terrible,small greasy flavourless,the whole fry department was swimming in a sea of grease,I requested porridge which arrived lukewarm.Also one toaster seemed to be serving the whole hotel.No offers of second pot of tea.It seemed to have plenty of staff,wandering about in very slow motion,any request seemed like a effort for them.Something as simple as a offer of a second pot of tea would have made a difference.
Nice view from second floor,some noise carries from function room until 0ne am.
We will not return to this hotel,and Radisson you need to up your game to stay in business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention .

I was really disappointed to read that we have let you down on this occasion. I have spoken to the managers of each department about your recent stay and we are doing our very best to rectify the issues that you experienced.

We are currently undergoing extensive renovations in the hotel and upon receiving feedback we have changed the type of sausages offered on our buffet.

I would like to assure you that we do take all of our guests feedback on board whether it is positive or constructive and use it to improve our service going forward.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you are traveling to Galway in the future.

Sarah O Mahony

Write a ReviewReviews (2,680)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 weeks on a business tour. It is located next to the coach station which is one of the most convenient way to get in and out of Galway. It is also conveniently located within walking distance my major locations of Galway, shopping centres, major strees, eateries etc. Amazing service, friendly staff, good rooms, value for money. And not to forget the exquisite buffet spread for breakfast. Never got bored in 3 weeks!

Room Tip: The Lough facing rooms give a amazing view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review.

It is always great to hear that our long stay guests have enjoyed their stay.

I hope that you will be returning to us on your next trip to Galway.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the first hotel that we stayed in on our 3 week tour throughout the UK and Ireland, we booked it as it is so conveniently located to Galway city center. What stands out with this hotel more so than any other hotel I have stayed in is the outdoor jacuzzi with such an amazing view of the water, oh my, I could sit in that jacuzzi all day. The hotel itself I taught was very commercial, I don't normally go for hotels as I find them quite cold and this hotel while gorgeously designed, it really is, the lobby feels a bit like an airport departure lounge more than a cosy area to relax. I would recommend it to others traveling but it isn't really for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for bring your thoughts to our attention.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hot tub. We are very lucky to have this lovely view to offer our guests.

I would like to let you know that we are actually renovating our lobby at the end of the year so please do come back to take a look at the design, it may be more to your taste.

Again thank you for your review,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've stayed here twice a year for the last 3 years and up until now it's been great. This time I can only say how disappointed I am.

Room in the east wing was quite a trek from reception and I'm glad I didn't have heavy luggage. Room was spacious and clean but had no luggage rack for my case and mini bar completely empty despite fridge being on and all the glasses and bottle openers being there. Room was cold over night.

Breakfast has slipped- poor quality smaller sausages, watered down juice & one toaster for a whole hotel.

Atrium bar FREEZING! Everyone was sitting in coat. Only had one drink as was too chilly to stay. Staff said heating was on but it can't have been.

Such a shame as I loved this hotel, it's in a fantastic location.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank birdseye
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am so disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your last stay with us.

All of the points you have raised have been brought to the attention of the relevant management and will be acted upon immediately to ensure the hotel is at the standard you expect from us.

I would like to ensure you that your loyalty throughout the past three years is greatly appreciated and I hope that this last experience will not deter you from using the hotel in the future.

If you would like to contact me directly I would like to personally look after your next booking.

sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a nice hotel- about a 10 min walk into the heart of Galway- shops, pubs, restaurants and medieval attractions,

The room was nice, staff efficient and the restaurant was good. We had breakfast and dinner there. They had many gluten free options. They also had a nice bar area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for this feedback.

It is always great to read that our guests have enjoyed their time with us.

I really hope that you will return very soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very nice hotel that was a quick walk from the train station and easily walkable from the main areas of Galway. Just a few minutes to get to shops and restaurants. Also nice bar inside the hotel and a good buffet breakfast in their restaurant. Clean and modern room and bathroom. I typically wouldn't pay this much for a hotel, but options were very limited this weekend so I went for it since they had rooms available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for you kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will choose the Radisson Blu Hotel, for any future trips to Galway.

Keep an eye on our website and Facebook pages as we often have special offers which offer great value.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back to hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

What a let down, my partner and i have stopped at the Radisson in Cardiff city which was brilliant, so we decided to stop at a Radisson in Galway, how disappointed we were, the reception staff never smile or say hello as you enter the hotel,they tried to over charge us for the movies we had watched which if you stay in business class room are free, first day we stayed we had to ask them to service the room, and the food at breakfast was not good, one 4 slice toaster for everyone to use, stale rolls, sausage and bacon were awful, and why do they supply you with a mini bar fridge in you're room and do not put any drinks in it?, Radisson Blu in Galway , you really need to get you're act together, you are well below standard

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view room, otherwise you will have a view of run down empty buildings
2  Thank Simon S

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback from your recent stay. We take all feedback, whether it is positive or constructive, onboard.

I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will bring all of your comments to the attention of the relevant management and I can assure you that every action will be taken to rectify the issues you experienced.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further or if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com