“Reliably excellent in city centre”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here on a recent work trip and was pleasantly surprised at how excellent the hotel was. The staff were exceptionally good and helpful, particularly on the front desk, and the rooms were very satisfactory (nicest thing about them was the view over Lough Atalia in the morning time with rising sunshine).

Next time, I will sample the leisure centre, with swimming pool, and the new sushi restaurant, Raw, which is on the top floor with superb Galway bay views.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us, it’s great to hear our corporate clients are happy.

I am delighted to hear that you will return and would strongly recommend that you try out RAW, our sushi restaurant located on the 4th Floor overlooking Lough Atalia. I know that you will be impressed. I especially recommend the Barbecued Eel Nigiri. It is really delicious.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Sarah O’Mahony

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel charges €5 a night for parking as it does not have a car park and guests must use the adjacent public car park. Make sure you are prepared for this. The room I was in, (464) did not have a bath, but rather a shower head affixed to the wall on the left side of the bathroom. Perhaps this is called a "wet room," I'm not sure but it didn't meet my expectations. The toilet also did not have a lid, which shocked and surprised me. The veneer on the lower part of the door frame had become detached from the frame, and the hinges on the bathroom door were filthy with ingrained grime.
The staff were friendly: perhaps too friendly, as I had to wait for what seemed ages while the bartender with the Northern accent spoke at length to an American couple about the difference between Budweiser in the US and Budweiser in Ireland (where apparently it is a premium product made with ballygowan spring water!). Suffice to say the bar service was slow and expensive. The breakfast was OK, but all in all, I would not stay in this chain hotel again, but would rather stay in a locally owned and operated less expensive hotel if I was visiting Galway again.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a bath. Avoid room 464.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Diarmuid C
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that you were disappointed during your recent stay.

I apologise that you had to park at our neighbouring car park as we do have a car park located under the hotel which you may have found more convenient. The charge of €5 is a discounted rate which we have agreed with Q-park ( Car park operators) for all hotel guests and unfortunately cannot be reduced as we are a city centre hotel, where parking is at a premium. However this price does allow you to take the car in and out of the car park as many times as you like.

Regarding your bedroom, again I do apologise that we appear to have let you down. However our fourth floor bedrooms have been renovated in the past 4 months and should have been at the highest standard for your check in . Room 464 is an accessible room and for this reason is not fitted with a Bath tub or a toilet seat. I do apologise that you were not informed of this detail upon check in. I will speak to our Front Office Manager to ensure this does not happen in the future.

I would be delighted if you would give us a second chance to impress you and would personally be happy to look after you if you do return .

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like any further information or if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this fine hotel. There was nothing to fault about the excellent service, beautiful upgraded room overlooking Lough Atalia and the hotel amenities. We stayed 2 evenings and wished our stay had been longer as it was so enjoyable.

It's a short stroll to Eyre Square and was very easy to initially locate when arriving to Galway which was a bonus for us.

Good job, Radisson!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are always so happy to hear we have done a good job and I will be sure to pass on this praise to the rest of the team.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will be back in Galway soon.

Best wishes,
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed October 7, 2013

A very impressive hotel on first arrival , lovely foyer area , nice food - dinner and breakfast were really good. However i was disappointed with my stay for the following reasons - 2 female reception staff on duty had a very poor manner on check in and i spoke to a number of other people attending the same conference as me and also were staying at the hotel and they had the same opinion, however all other staff i came in contact with were very pleasant.
Rooms were disapponting, very small bathroom and i just dont get the shower set up which is basically a shower hose on the wall. Room views are poor unless you request sea view.

Room Tip: Request a sea view and ask to see the room before accepting
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and for pointing out the areas in which we need to improve. I am extremely disappointed with the poor reception you received upon check in and I will be sure to follow up with the Front Office Manager.

I also apologise that you were not happy with your bedroom. It appears you were staying in an accessible room which is fitted with a wet room , rather than a bath. This should have been explained to you upon check in and I will again follow up with the Front Office Manager to request that this does not happen in the future.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future and I will be happy to look after you.

Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Radisson was a lovely stay with a brilliant breakfast selection. The reception was always busy but moved quite quickly but there were always queues for the lift (not good as I am a wheelchair user!). There was not much atmosphere in the bar but otherwise the hotel was lovely clean and our room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are always delighted to receive this information from our guests, as it helps us to improve our service.

I do apologise for the delays you experienced while waiting for the lift. I hope this did not cause too much disruption to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Galway very soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just back from a three day break in this great hotel. My wife and I had a lovely time. All staff are so helpful and friendly from when you arrive to when you leave. In an excellent location , just a stroll to Eyre Square. The breakfast had everything for everyone .A very clean Buffet . We had dinner on one evening which was excellent . We will stay here again when we come back to Galway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joero

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Your kind words mean a lot to us as it is great to know our guests are happy.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I assist you with for your next booking.

Sarah O’Mahony
Social Media Coordinator.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights to explore the Connemara region and Aran Islands.
Our stay was very convenient to these locations. We upgraded our room to the fifth level with views over the harbour. However we found the breakfast to be quite ordinary and the food on a whole could have been better. The service was ok, and had received much better service in other hotels while in Ireland.
Not sure if we would stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to offer us this feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the standard of food during your stay, I will certainly pass this information on to our Restaurant Management.

I hope you enjoyed Level 5, as well as your trip around the beautiful Connemara & Aran Islands.
Should you be in the West of Ireland in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will make sure you are well looked after.

Kind Regards,