“Disappointing stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed October 7, 2013

A very impressive hotel on first arrival , lovely foyer area , nice food - dinner and breakfast were really good. However i was disappointed with my stay for the following reasons - 2 female reception staff on duty had a very poor manner on check in and i spoke to a number of other people attending the same conference as me and also were staying at the hotel and they had the same opinion, however all other staff i came in contact with were very pleasant.
Rooms were disapponting, very small bathroom and i just dont get the shower set up which is basically a shower hose on the wall. Room views are poor unless you request sea view.

Room Tip: Request a sea view and ask to see the room before accepting
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and for pointing out the areas in which we need to improve. I am extremely disappointed with the poor reception you received upon check in and I will be sure to follow up with the Front Office Manager.

I also apologise that you were not happy with your bedroom. It appears you were staying in an accessible room which is fitted with a wet room , rather than a bath. This should have been explained to you upon check in and I will again follow up with the Front Office Manager to request that this does not happen in the future.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future and I will be happy to look after you.

Social Media Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Radisson was a lovely stay with a brilliant breakfast selection. The reception was always busy but moved quite quickly but there were always queues for the lift (not good as I am a wheelchair user!). There was not much atmosphere in the bar but otherwise the hotel was lovely clean and our room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are always delighted to receive this information from our guests, as it helps us to improve our service.

I do apologise for the delays you experienced while waiting for the lift. I hope this did not cause too much disruption to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Galway very soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just back from a three day break in this great hotel. My wife and I had a lovely time. All staff are so helpful and friendly from when you arrive to when you leave. In an excellent location , just a stroll to Eyre Square. The breakfast had everything for everyone .A very clean Buffet . We had dinner on one evening which was excellent . We will stay here again when we come back to Galway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joero

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Your kind words mean a lot to us as it is great to know our guests are happy.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I assist you with for your next booking.

Sarah O’Mahony
Social Media Coordinator.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights to explore the Connemara region and Aran Islands.
Our stay was very convenient to these locations. We upgraded our room to the fifth level with views over the harbour. However we found the breakfast to be quite ordinary and the food on a whole could have been better. The service was ok, and had received much better service in other hotels while in Ireland.
Not sure if we would stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to offer us this feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the standard of food during your stay, I will certainly pass this information on to our Restaurant Management.

I hope you enjoyed Level 5, as well as your trip around the beautiful Connemara & Aran Islands.
Should you be in the West of Ireland in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will make sure you are well looked after.

Kind Regards,
Social Media Coordinator,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I don't know whether it's the staff they choose or that they train them very well but I love that you can always rely on great customer service at the Radisson group. For this stay in Galway' Paddy Doherty on front desk stood out. 15 of us landed together, really enjoyed the thermal suites with most raving about the "beach". The rooms are a good size, comfortable and clean and the ones with waterside view are the ones to aim for. You just want to move in and stay in the suites. The building is all light and bright. The breakfasts are another reliable thing about staying at a Radisson, the bar food and residents' bar were hits too. Excellent location and the only downside is in areas such as corridors it's looking noticeably shabbier than previous visits

Room Tip: Ask for waterside view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review. It means a lot to us to know our guests are impressed with our services. I will be sure to pass on your praise to Paddy Doherty at the Front Desk, he will be delighted with your comments. We are always happy to hear that our ‘yes I can’ Training has paid off and take pride in our staff and training, so thank you.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will be long and loyal guests of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.

Sarah O’Mahony

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Recently stayed in the Radisson Blu and was very happy with our stay. The hotel is centrally located with a short walk to Eyre Square. The room was a good size and clean but the bathroom was on the small size considering the 4 * rating the hotel has. Otherwise we can't fault the hotel in any way. Staff at reception were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will be returning to stay with us again soon. We do offer the option of a much larger bathroom in our Level 5 suites which might be a suitable alternative for your next visit. Please let me know if you coming to stay again and I will try my best to upgrade you so that you can see the other options available here at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with large group, mostly because of location (5 minute walk to the Square, shopping/pubs) but also because of the food/service in dining room (Anna is great!) and front desk. Very busy hotel with lots of groups in season, but we were well taken care of. Beautiful, modern, comfortable rooms, some with a view, some without, and great spa facilities. Always very clean public areas...had frequent issues with the elevators, but the stairs worked fine!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass on your kind words to Ana in the Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Galway very soon.

Warm regards,