“Not a "camp" site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Salthill Caravan Park
Ranked #45 of 60 Specialty Lodging in Galway
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'm sure the reviews of this caravan site are accurate but you should be aware that the campsite is just an add on and not part of the main site - it is actually on the approach road and outside the gates of the site, it is a smallish field that can hold about 10 family tents comfortably, with no services that I could see unless you walk out onto the road and on into the actual site. It is open to the access / public road - not at all secure in my opinion and I would not feel happy sleeping there overnight with children or leaving the tent etc (they have a remote camera in the site office which does not compensate enough in my opinion to having the camping pitches actually inside the site).
I was very disappointed and did not stay for the above reasons and would not consider it again - pity...

Room Tip: With a caravan or campervan I'm sure its a good choice, camping - not recommended for families a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank davecarroll01

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed there a few times over the last few years and found it to be a nice campsite but was not happy when I tried to book a place for 2 campervans for this August Bank holiday weekend. I was told they don't take bookings in July or August, it's on a 1st come 1st serve basis. That's not much good when you have a small child and drive for 4 hours late in the evening to get to the campsite to find that it's full! I even offered to pay up-front for the places so they would not be out of pocket and was still not allowed. Does not make sense!

Won't be staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Helly4711
sean o, Owner at Salthill Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

On another note you are reviewing my park and you have not even stayed here yet im disappointed that you these are my rules my business

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My family and I just stayed here for 10 days. We had a great time. The site was always clean and well maintained. It was staffed from early in the morning until late at night and then security took over.

Showers and toilets were clean, but you pay for the shower and they close at 9:30pm.

There's plenty of space on the pitch for you caravan, awning and car. Water and electric points are well placed and each tarmac pitch has its own waste water drain.

We were very happy with the site, but I didn't like having to pay for hot water in the "Campers Kitchen". We had already payed for a family of 5, an awning and electricity which was not a small amount of money. So I feel paying extra for hot water, which I have never seen on any site I've stayed in before, is just a bit too much.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi reviewer
thank you for lovely review hope to see you soon and enjoy your holiday

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just spent a week in the caravan park and it is the best park that i have stayed in. It is clean and the facilites are very good. The park has been landscaped and with new kerbs and tarmacadam it is spotless. There is also WIFI in the park

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay in salthill. Campsite is so close to several beaches and some good luck with the weather meant we had a memorable weekend. It won't be long till we will be back. toilets, showers and kitchen were all clean. Nice to wake up looking out onto the Atlantic.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We try to get in at least one trip to the Salthill Caravan Park every year and have been doing so since 1981. Our most recent was the weekend of 7th to the 9th of June. What a surprise we were in for the upgrade of the facilities since our last visit in 2012 had to be seen to be believed. The pitches are now very level and the on pitch grey water outlet is much appreciated.The site was up to it's normal high standard of cleanness with very neatly cut grass and sparkling toilets and shower.Not a blade of grass out of place, and all the hottest of water you could ask for all for 1 euro home from home. We arrived on Friday evening on our own and members of our family arrived on Sunday the weather was so good they could not stay away. They were welcomed with open arms by Sean and his team and had around four hours of enjoyable time when we all headed off to the beach and back for a BBQ. This was all at no extra charge the hospitality was very much appreciated by ourselves three small children and four extra adults. The Kids could not be dragged away from the playground which also has seen a huge upgrade. I thought my granddaughter would wear out her bottom on the slide. Hope to be back soon super site in an ideal location so close to so much to do but the weather was so good for the weekend we only went from the site to the beach and back all weekend, and all this only about an hour down the motor way from Clara. Thanks to all in Salthill for one of our best weekends in over 30 years of caravanning. We will be back. One gripe when we decide at the last minute on a Friday evening to head off for the weekend it is not possible to reserve a pitch in this park but then this is the case with to many Caravan parks in Ireland. regards John W

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John W
sean m, Owner at Salthill Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

hi john
we are glad you enjoyed your stay and the lovely time you had with your family glad to know that we are working well that you enjoyed your stay.hope to see you soon remember clara is not that far away
regards
sean

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went here for the first time last weekend june 8th and it will most definitely be our last. We have a camper van and assumed we would be getting a hardstand as was advertised for this season! We were told to park on grass and another row parked behind us, there were dogs allowed to run loose and a charge for hot water to wash up. This was on top of the €30 site fee and extra for shower which wouldnt supply enough water to wash a cat!! It was totally overcrowded no privacy and badly managed. And very overpriced for this site. Would not recommend it at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galway
Salthill Hotel
#6 of 46 in Galway
Westwood House Hotel
Westwood House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dangan

Been to Salthill Caravan Park? Share your experiences!