“Lovely food - amazing staff”

The Front Door Sonny's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 469 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast
“Lovely food - amazing staff”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went here for a hangover lunch on new year's day... didn't realise how huge the place was until I tried to find the toilets! We were in a lovely seat near a roaring fire, and had a great lunch: a chicken caeser salad and a burger w/chips. Staff were extremely friendly and efficient - they are a credit to the place. Food is great pub food and good value for money. You'll see plenty of backpackers in here soaking up the atmosphere - a great place to go.
Would I return? Certainly.

• Visited January 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
“Great food , Reasonable , Great staff”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My first time eating here and i will be back.

What we ordered:

Roast of the day (Lamb)
Meat was very tasty , lovely flavour and seasoning. Came with a nice big portion of mash , meat and veg. One of the nicest roasts i've had in Galway. The plate was hot and so was the food. All round excellent.

Chicken Goujons
Came with a nice side salad , chips and the chicken itself was very tasty,

They do a resonable set menu after 5pm. Which we would have taken if we had known :)

Staff very friendly and the place has a great atomsphere.

I would eat here again.

• Visited December 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Best bar in Galway”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I go to the front door a lot,.rearly disappointed,Bar service excellent,door man are sound esp Cronin,Great atmosphere always even Tho I don't always how it ends!!

ireland
“Good choice for a laid-back meal”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is a great spot to go to for a late lunch or early dinner. Food quality is excellent, service is usually quick and friendly and it's a lively spot for people-watching if that's your thing! The only issue I had was the last time I had a late lunch here with a friend: on payment, we were charged for drinks which we most definitely had not ordered, when I corrected the error the barman (not our server) would not believe me (even though there were no drinks orders noted on our bill, he insisted that he had seen us with drinks). The situation was resolved eventually, when our server confirmed that I was not lying! Maybe he was just having a bad day..? A strange way to treat customers. I would advise you to make sure that your server takes payment for your bill!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank cosmia
FrontDoor, Manager at The Front Door Sonny's Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
With regards to the request for payment of drinks not ordered, we are very sorry to hear about this. We have spoken to bar staff in question and it was a misunderstanding that he again offers his apologies for. We are happy to hear that you enjoy visiting us and hope to see you again soon.
Clare
“Great lively pub with friendly staff and a good value menu.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Ate here recently with a group of friends and really enjoyed my visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The menu was exactly what you would want from a bar menu and the food was delicious. Great decor with loads of little nooks to sit in. Really value and would have no problem recommending this pub to anyone and am looking forward to another visit soon.

• Visited December 2013