“Nice pub good grub”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

While on tour we stopped in Galway, in the main pedestrian shopping area we found the Front Door Pub. Very friendly staff and the food was very good oddly enough I craved a hamburger and to my surprise it was very good. My wife had fish and chips which also were very good but we never found bad fish and chips. We only had lunch but it looked like it would a fun nightspot

1  Thank sandiegoretiredguy1

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go here for a change.. Menu is reasonably priced, good options, food was grand, nothing to write home about. Service was very good, very nice staff.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The service was great here and the food was high quality pub food. My husband got the vegetarian indian dish and it was excellent. I ordered the steak sandwich and it was literally a piece of steak that was cooked in a pan and then shoved between two pieces of bread. When I was done laughing, I ate it (after cutting the grizzle off the edges) and it was OK. The steak sandwiches I am used to have the steak cut up. We went there with our small baby and the staff was incredibly accommodating.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place has history. It is a beautiful place with many nokes and crannies - many levels. We went up to another level since the first one was rather full and the waitress was extremely pleasant and we got served promptly. Nice cold beers and good pub food. Fish and Chips, Salmon and othe Irish things were on the menu. But also some different kind of things like a Asian type pasta with salmon and a soy based sauce that was quite tasty.

1  Thank Lindalee03
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place has a rather large menu with much more than the typical meat and potato you see in a lot of pubs. I had a spicy chicken pasta dish that was unbelievably good. Serving size was big but I wanted more. They have plenty of seating so even if it looks crowded from the door go on in. Really good atmosphere and a terrific value. Was one of our favorite places in Ireland!