“A variety of really good food”

The Front Door Sonny's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place has a rather large menu with much more than the typical meat and potato you see in a lot of pubs. I had a spicy chicken pasta dish that was unbelievably good. Serving size was big but I wanted more. They have plenty of seating so even if it looks crowded from the door go on in. Really good atmosphere and a terrific value. Was one of our favorite places in Ireland!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

A brilliant pub / restaurant in the heart of galway city , theres always agreat atmosphere at all times day or night , great food menu and good value , to drinks for every ones taste, excellent staff , with a quick service no messing attitude , a must visit when in galway

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The bar/restaurant never ends! Every time you turn the corner, there is another section! Beautiful chandelier highlights a grand domed staircase. Certainly not fancy. Quite "pubbby" and cozy. It is reasonably priced, too. And yummy pizza! It's a great place to enjoy a great meal!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate here on a cold and wet Sunday evening in June. Just picked it as we were walking by looking for somewhere to eat. Quite a surprise inside as it is on two levels. Prompt service and sound pub meals (we had a steak pie and bangers and mash). Staff were interested and couldn't have been more helpful. Enjoyable pub meal in a pub that is done up in older style. Interesting roof skylight over the steps at rear.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My sister and I had heard all positive reviews for the pub food here so during our visit to galway we figured we would try it ourselves. As soon as we arrived we had fabulous service. I love my seafood and chicken but decided on the steak sandwhich as it just sounded so appealing. It made me fall in love with steak all over again! Steak was cooked to perfection, nice and tender, bread was tasty, mushrooms and onion the best touch! And the gravy.. Yumm! My sister had the beef and Guinness stew and she felt equally as satisfied as me! It was so great we are going back for dinner there tonight! Highly recommended!!!