“Loved it!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ate there both nights, we were so pleased with our experience. Food and drink was tasty, generous portions, and fairly priced. Those wanting to watch sports will be pleased, but also very nice for dining. Hard wood, mirrors, well decorated, yet comfortable.

2 Thank Sborodolfan

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“The best pub food in Galway”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been to Galway twice in two years and we were taken to Sonnys for lunch. It was by far the best pub and best pub food I have been too. Great atmosphere with very comfortable seating. All the staff were very good and the food was excellent. As soon as you walk in you know it's a special place.

2 Thank Trevor83
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a couple of times, nice evening drinks in a really good atmosphere. Went for lunch and excellent service, excellent food and really good value. Well recommended and staff were excellent, and went out if their way to help.

2 Thank Micassg
Mayo Ireland
“Never Lets Me Down”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place is the place I go after every shopping trip with friends and have actually spent about 3 hours just sitting eating, having coffee and chatting away not realising how time has just gone by!Staff are amazing, so bubbly friendly and efficient, I've never had bad service here, the staff spot you the minute you come in the door and offer you menu's and a drink, you don't have to be looking around wondering how service works. I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes for food so if you are in a rush you can guarantee you will be served efficiently but like me I like to chill out have coffee sometimes I go overboard and have dessert but nobody ever bothers you or makes you feel like they need the table you are just left alone after you have been served and all plates have been cleaned away.The menu is very diverse even the fussiest of eaters are catered for, and the portions are more than enough, I have never left the place feeling hungry even after just a sandwich, they are just massive and value for money is just top of the list.Easily I have eaten here about 100 times and I can't help but keep going back.

3 Thank ButtonsMc
IRELAND
“Good Pub Grub........But be hungary”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stumbled on Sonnys Front Door while strolling down High Street and decided to have our evening meal there.A Nice informal friendly restaurant with a good atmosphere, this restaurant is well worth a visit. My husband and I both had Fish Cakes for starters which were HUGE. Lovely but I was almost full after them. I then had the Burger and black pepper which again was HUGE. It was very tasty but I could only eat half of it. Hubby had Irish stew which he enjoyed. He then had Apple Pie which was a HUGE portion.
If you are really hungry and want good tasty food then definately Sonnys is well worth a visit

3 Thank noeleen-47