“Table service?”

The Kitchen
Ranked #72 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great Food in The Galway City Museum, overlooking the Spanish Arch. The Kitchen serves exciting fusion cuisine using local produce and great Irish fish and meat. Vegetarians are well catered for, Gluten Free options are always available ( our Chocolate Brownies are AWESOME!!! even if we say so ourselves!). Open for extra special night-time dining from 6pm from Thursday - Saturday... great, vibrant, taste-tingling food, all prepared in house with love & passion by THE KITCHEN team.
Stotfold, United Kingdom
“Table service?”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was a little surprised that the service was rated so high at this cafe. We arrived and I went to the counter ... I was informed that it was 'table service' and that we should take a seat and a member of staff would come for our order. After 10 minutes, nobody has come to serve us and my wife stopped a passing waitress and asked for a menu. I commented that we had waited a long time to be served (other people had arrived after us and been served) ... she commented that they hadn't noticed us! We left.

I know that they were busy but not that busy that every table was full. As we didn't get any food, I have rated the food and value as average.

• Visited May 2014
OHBubbles, Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Chris
I am really sorry to hear about your experience with us. There really is no excuse for service like this and I can only apologise and assure you that we take all feedback seriously and use it to try to improve wherever we can.
With Kindest Regards
Michelle

“Lovely food”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Took some friends for late lunch here and was not disappointed. Had the meze and it was delicious . As it was late the cake selection was reduced but they were fresh and tasty . Lovely service and right beside the museum .

• Visited May 2014
OHBubbles, Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Chris
With Kindest Regards
Michelle
“Gourmet”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The location of this resturant would be enough on its own. It is situated right on the Spanish arch right beside the sea. The view is incredible and the windows in the restaurant allow you to see it while you eat. It's bright, the food is great and the service is good. All of the food is fresh and alternative. I love trying something new and you really can in The Kitchen. I'd definitely recommend it for a good Brunch!

Visited November 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Fantastic place for tea and scones”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I like to visit the museum café a few times a week. It really is one of the best, if not the best, café in Galway. The staff are always very friendly. The scones are delicious and the atmosphere is great. The food is always delicious.

• Visited April 2014
“Very Nice”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Been coming here now for a while and have to say it really is a lovely spot for a light lunch and breakfast.

Sometimes, especially Saturday's it can be a bit chaotic. But that's more the customers, as they take up every available bit of space available.

The regular bites and then the daily specials are all very lovely. Fresh, adventurous and filling. Lots of emphasis on healthy options. Love the coffee too.

Really good to unwind in if you get the chance.

• Visited February 2014