“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Ranked #55 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great Food in The Galway City Museum, overlooking the Spanish Arch. The Kitchen serves exciting fusion cuisine using local produce and great Irish fish and meat. Vegetarians are well catered for, Gluten Free options are always available ( our Chocolate Brownies are AWESOME!!! even if we say so ourselves!). Open for extra special night-time dining from 6pm from Thursday - Saturday... great, vibrant, taste-tingling food, all prepared in house with love & passion by THE KITCHEN team.
Galway
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

First let me start off by saying that I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions and have always had an enjoyable experience. However my latest visit wasn't up to the same standard. We arrived and sat at a table where the previous customers had just left so there was dirty plates etc left behind. We sat for over 5 minutes and no waiter approached us. I went up and asked for some menus and we sat for over 10 minutes with the dirty plates still on our table. i approached a waitress to place my order but she said she would be with us in a minute. We waited another 2-3 minutes and our order was finally taken along with the dirty plates.

The food was very poorly cooked, the potatoes I received tasted stale and the eggs were undercooked,

I have had some good experiences here but after my latest visit I will not be returning

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vagab0n
OHBubbles, Owner at The Kitchen, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Hi,
We are very sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us, we work very hard to give our customers a good experience every time they visit.
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate all customer responses as they show where we can improve.
Hope to see you again.
Kind Regards
Michelle

Galway, Ireland
“Great tasting food with plenty of healthy options and not so healthy too...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Tried out this place for the first time last week after reading a review in the advertiser. Was not disappointed. Great food, beautifully cooked and with a slight twist on options seen on many a menu- wild salmon cooked perfectly with a beetroot topping arranged to look like scales on a fish. Charming service.. Casual bistro type vibe. You only remember its the museum daytime cafe if you head out to the loos... All in all will def be back. One thing. They do three courses for 25 but don't advertise this it seems do on first glance looks like it might be much more expensive than it turns out great value for 25

• 4 of 5 bubbles
OHBubbles, Owner at The Kitchen, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi there,
We are all so pleased you had a great experience in THE KITCHEN. We have been working our little socks off to bring our own flavour to the Galway restaurant scene and it's just wonderful to see the fruits of our labour with happy customers.
We have just loved our venture into the night-time dining arena but alas the end of the season draws near.. so we are having our last hurrah next weekend 14th & 15th September (Fri & Sat). So spread the word!! By the way, don't worry we'll be back with Christmas Parties and of course we'll be open as usual for days until Spring...... then we'll do it all again!!
Thanks for the great review and good vibes...
Michelle & all the Gang.
“It's fine for soup and a sandwich....Not a dining experience ..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Went here for dinner but it was closed. It is only a day time caife... Not a restaurant. Alongside Aniar, Galleon , Cava etc this place does not rate.

It's fine for coffee or lunch and as I discovered it's ok for a sandwich and a scone. To sell it otherwise is misleading. So while my sandwich was fine and my companions scone was also ok I rate it poorly because it is not a restaurant open for dinner. It's a fine coffee house.

OHBubbles, Owner at The Kitchen, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Hello,
I just wanted to let you know how disappointed I am that you did not have a very enjoyable visit to THE KITCHEN.
Many apologies for your disappointment at finding us closed in the evening of your choice, we are open for night-time dining only from Thursday – Saturday from 6pm.
With regards to your subsequent visit I appreciate your feedback. We work very hard in The Kitchen to provide great food and service in a lovely location. We would love the opportunity to “wow” you when you next visit Galway.
Thanks
Michelle K
New York City, New York
“Excellent menu great out door seating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This restaurant is next to the Galway City Museum. It has an outdoor seating area that overlooks the Spanish Steps. On days when the weather permits is a great place to sit outside and enjoy the view of the Spanish Arch with a glipse of the river.
The menu has a nice selection of delicious snadwiches and other well prepared items. Great Coffee.

• Visited August 2012
Munich, Germany
“Great insider tip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were in Galway just for a day and the restaurant was recommended to us. I am glad it was because otherwise we would have missed it since we are not "museum" kind of people!

We planned to go there for a late lunch and ended up staying for coffee and cake too. The variety of food is great,especially since we prefer vegetarian food. Everything is freshly made, which means that you do have to wait a bit for your food. The restaurant was a very nice setting, lots of light and decorated in cheerful friendly colours. The cakes are definitely worth trying, the pecan pie is one of the best I have had so far.

All the service personnel are very friendly, polite and attentive. Unfortunately I forgot to ask the pretty young lady serving us what her name was :(

It was a great experience and will definitlely go back there if I visit Galway again.

• Visited August 2012