“Would happily have driven home in the old Packard...”

Capones Restaurant & Take away
Ranked #174 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal, Canada
“Would happily have driven home in the old Packard...”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Family style upscale neighbourhood pizza restaurant with Italian food as well. Weekday supper for two adults and two teenagers had everyone leaving happy. All had pizza with different toppings and kids shared a humongous waffle ice cream concoction. Only minus is the beer is bottled only and kept in a deli fridge opened every 2 minutes as it also has milk, condiments, etc. so beer gets a bit warm. Otherwise all to the good. Authentic mobsta type decor with murals of the usual suspects!

Galway, Ireland
“Very Slow!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stopped by Capones today just to pick up a portion of bacon cheese chips after a long drive back from Dublin. I was told it would be approximately ten minutes so I sat to wait for it. After about 20 minutes.. still nothing.

I believe that I was waiting for close onto half an hour! No apology was given, and despite ordering a large portion, when i got home I noted that the portion itself was very measly. The food itself was ok, but i will be less incluned to visit fhere again. I'm sure management will say that the food.was probably delayed as they cook it from fresh. But chips??? Come on...

• Visited August 2013
“Best Restaurant I've been for a while!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We went Thursday night for dinner and found the place busy. The staff were very friendly, catered to our vegetarian needs, put up with a demanding toddler, tried to please her with coloring books etc. Food was freshly cooked, very tasty esp the breaded mushrooms, crunchy chips were out of the world!! Would definitely recommend . Shame I am only on holiday otherwise will be a regular there!!

Galway, Ireland
“Great spot for a quick meal with a good atmosphere”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We recently visited Capones on a Thursday evening and were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere. Although neither my partner or I are particularly into jazz, the live music there was really nice and not too loud. The waiters are attentive and friendly. They took our order pretty fast, the food came quickly and was tasty and reasonably priced. We live in the area and realise that this is a little gem on our doorstep. We have been here before but it is definitely getting better. They have changed the seating and the music is also a big plus and something different. We will be back sooner rather than later.

1 Thank LOTH119
Capones D, Manager at Capones Restaurant & Take away, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. Hope you continue to enjoy Capones and if you ever have any issues don't hesitate to say

Kind regards
Geraldine
“I'll be back again!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had the most pleasant of evenings in Capones recently. Staff were v friendly, portions were enormous and price was excellent. A very relaxed place, pity they don't have one in my hometown of Wicklow

• Visited July 2013