“Best Restaurant I've been for a while!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Capones Restaurant & Take away
Ranked #158 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Restaurant I've been for a while!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We went Thursday night for dinner and found the place busy. The staff were very friendly, catered to our vegetarian needs, put up with a demanding toddler, tried to please her with coloring books etc. Food was freshly cooked, very tasty esp the breaded mushrooms, crunchy chips were out of the world!! Would definitely recommend . Shame I am only on holiday otherwise will be a regular there!!

Galway, Ireland
“Great spot for a quick meal with a good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We recently visited Capones on a Thursday evening and were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere. Although neither my partner or I are particularly into jazz, the live music there was really nice and not too loud. The waiters are attentive and friendly. They took our order pretty fast, the food came quickly and was tasty and reasonably priced. We live in the area and realise that this is a little gem on our doorstep. We have been here before but it is definitely getting better. They have changed the seating and the music is also a big plus and something different. We will be back sooner rather than later.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LOTH119
Capones D, Manager at Capones Restaurant & Take away, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. Hope you continue to enjoy Capones and if you ever have any issues don't hesitate to say

Kind regards
Geraldine
“I'll be back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had the most pleasant of evenings in Capones recently. Staff were v friendly, portions were enormous and price was excellent. A very relaxed place, pity they don't have one in my hometown of Wicklow

• Visited July 2013
Galway, Ireland
“metal shaving in food.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I just ate in capones, I had heard good things before going but i have to say i am extremely disappointed by both the service and food. the food was the major issue. I ordered the Pasta Florence for my main. it was suppose to be a white wine and parmesan cream sauce but obviously there is a shortage of wine and cheese in capones as it had neither. i was given bowl of warm cream with pasta. after speaking to a waitress about this (who didnt seem too shocked) we continued our meal only to stop 5 minutes later wen i food a long thin metal shavings in my meal. i called over a waiter who immediately took the dish away. i was not offer another or anything as a replacement for the food i had order so i just sat and waited for my company to finish. when i was leaving the waitress at the till had no interest in the matter. i have worked as a chef for nearly 11 years so i know how easy it is to make a basic pasta Florence but clearly the chef of capones does not.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank aidan12345
Guelph, Canada
“Best Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The service was excellent,the food was excellent, I ordered the 7in. cheese and pepperoni pizza. There was so much cheese and the pepperoni was "brooklyn" style, nice and spicy-tasted like I was in New York!

Visited July 2013
Capones D, Manager at Capones Restaurant & Take away, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I'm delighted you enjoyed your meal.Thank you very much for your review it is greatly appreciated that you took the time and effort to write . Hope you always have great experiences.

Kind regards