“Wonderful Restaurant”

Kai
Ranked #8 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Diego
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

First of all I must say that I need to be knocked unconscious by the greatness of the food to give 5 stars. This place is farm to fork and excellent. My husband met one of the chefs at a slow food festival in Ballyvaughn and was impressed. We drove to Galway just to try this restaurant. That says a lot for me as driving in Ireland scared me to death. We were not disappointed. Be sure to try and buy there brown bread. We liked it the best of the many we tried while we were there. High quality restaurant, try it!

• Visited May 2014

Tullamore, Ireland
“The best by far...”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

kai does good food with good ingredients, fair play to the chefs,and service is extremely professional,they have good knowledge about the food which is very important.overall we 'll be back again.

• Visited June 2014
Cork City
“A true gem!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful balance of laidback atmosphere and high quality food. Both of us enjoyed large portions of immaculate food, in a setting that took us straight back to New Zealand. Will most certainly be back again.

San Diego
“Slow Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went to a slow food festival in Lisdoonvarna and saw a cookery demo by Vinnie Corrigann. Vinnie says Kai's philosophy of sourcing fresh, organic produce from local suppliers. When I sampled his deep fried hake, I had to get to the restaurant, so fresh and tasty.

Took a while to find them. The Google directions from the couch depot was round about. All we had to do was go to the pedestrian shopping area on High Street and walk across the small pedestrian bridge.

What a lunch! Wife had lobster and pouched eggs, I had sausage and bacon and pouched eggs. As boring as this sounds the herbs and flavors had me saying ummmmm between each bite.

And the pastries and bread! Baked on premises. We bought a loaf of brown bread with pepitas and chocolate chip cookies back to our house mates. Gone in minutes.

What really makes this restaurant is that it is located just off a residential neighborhood. How I wish (covet) we had such a place back home to honor the slow food movement.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bwoo
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality Food with an Edge!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Fare thee well diet, because when it comes to Kai all restrictions are left at the doorstep of this charming restaurant tucked away on Galway's Sea Road. This is one of my favorite spots to bring friends for dinner or coffee, the staff are friendly the service is great and the interior is beautiful and bright. As for the food, they knock it out of the park everytime with a lunch board of specials that changes with the day and with the seasonal produce, think soups with fresh brown bread, beautiful plates of vegetables with salmon and baked ham, amazing salads and burgers to name a few.

As for the desserts, I can never out up much resistance myself, how does peach and custard crumble, orange millefeuille or pear and almond pie sound?
I thought so.