“Best restaurant in Galway”
Review of Kai

Kai
Ranked #12 of 488 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Australian, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've been here a few times recently with work dinners, birthdays etc. and have to say that in my opinion this is the best restaurant in Galway. The food here is excellent and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. There are always a few things on the menu that you simply have no idea what they are but if you ask the staff they are great at explaining what the dishes are and you definitely wont be disappointed. Although not the largest restaurant the interior is well decorated and the layout leads to there always being a great atmosphere. Definitely try Kai.

There are newer reviews for Kai

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Let me start by saying all else aside the food in this place is amazing !! Friends of ours brought us out for lunch here , my daughter came with us . When we arrived the waitress looked at us like we had 2 heads when we dared to ask for a child seat then continued to be horrified at the idea of a child in a restaurant .... things got worse as my daughter played with some sugar on the table the waitress just wasnt able to deal with it and asked us to stop our daughter . The owner did pop over to the table a few time to see were we OK and brought some water and a nice level of service . I will never go back again which is a pity as the food was divine . One bit of advise to the owner your staff are your image dont go for cheap useless types get highly skilled professionals that will add to your amazing food !

2  Thank DarenCarter
Reviewed October 7, 2012

our friends booked this restaurant having been there before, and I was hugly impressed. I loved the fact that I really has no idea what i was ordering - I trusted the cheif completley and was rewarded with an excellent meal, every item on my plate was placed there with intention and care. I loved it, would reccomend to anyone. The owner, with his wonderful Carlow/North Wales mixed accent was a great host, with his wife stealing the show with her new zealand inspired cooking. the price was also very reasonable.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I brought a large group here recently for a work celebration. We were really well looked after from start to finish and everyone really enjoyed their meals immensely - Kai has a well deserved reputation for great food and the whole evening was excellent from start to finish. Well done, Kai!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Fresh - good fish - I really like the food and decor - would really recommend it. Wait staff a bit patchy -lovely /or stressy. all in all Its my top Galway city restaurant. Would recommend to friends and have eaten there 4 times. Tip:book in advance.