“Excellent, so authentic”

Rouge
Ranked #48 of 470 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French food, wine bar (over 80 different types of French wines coming from small vineyards), cheese and cured meat platters, fresh local lobster, fish tank, open late every day. Food served until midnight Established in 2011,offer you French home style cuisine. Influenced by the rich culture we come from of food together with great wines. The idea here in Rouge is sharing.
“Excellent, so authentic”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This has to be one of the most welcoming restaurants I've ever visited. I've visited many times; with family, friends and on dates. The staff are always so polite and helpful no matter how busy it is. The food is absolutely to die for! The first time I went, I was slightly apprehensive about the starter as it's an amuse bouche (basically meaning a mixture of the chefs choice) and you don't know what you might end up with. It has been absolutely delicious every time, usually a small portion of soup, quiche, perhaps some kind of cheese and a fancy bread. I always opt for the steak and I ask for it to be cooked blue. Perfect every time (which is unusual in this country). I have tasted the vegetarian option too and it can only be described as a masterpiece. Usually after a couple of glasses of wine I decide to try out my pigeon french on some of the staff. I'm sure it's painful to listen too but they always oblige me, bless them. Overall, a wonderful establishment that never fails to impress.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Saoirse H

• Polish first
“Even the staff like the food!!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Food 10-10!!! we got the meat platter to start to share, sooo much character on one slate!!! we both got the steak for main, absolutely delicious. and said we would share dessert, chocolate fondant,when we ordered it we were told there would be a 20 minute wait at least? bit strange but we didn't particularly mind as the atmosphere is great and we hadnt finished our wine..
However, we sat where we could see into the kitchen, and were absolutely horrified at the staff picking the left overs off the plates as they were brought into the kitchen, on more then one occasion!! winking at eachother to go into the kitchen for a nibble to come back out onto the floor munching! not impressed, left a bad impression.

1 Thank ksav92
galway
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

if you happen to be in galway you should try Rouge. it is very atmospheric with rustic style french furniture. the service is top notch and the food is perfection itself. with a limited menu eg 3 mains but superb quality you will not be disappointed. the amuse bouche starter is a great conversation piece. it is a busy spot so do make a reservation.

• Visited December 2013
Nenagh, Tipperary, Ireland
“Fabulous”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

12 of us ate in this restaurant on Friday night. the menu is limited but the food is absolutely gorgeous and so reasonable. The wine is also extremely reasonably priced. Staff are lovely. All in all a very good experience and would definitely visit again .

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rose C
Galway, Ireland
“Fabulous Meal in Rouge”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I celebrated my birthday with my husband last night in this lovely restaurant. The ambience was wonderful, there was an understated buzz in the dining room, the staff were delightful and the food was superb. The menu is quite limited and this means that what they do is utterly perfect. Or as we say in French, "parfait".

• Visited May 2014