“Simple is best”

Rouge
Ranked #45 of 467 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: French food, wine bar (over 80 different types of French wines coming from small vineyards), cheese and cured meat platters, fresh local lobster, fish tank, open late every day. Food served until midnight Established in 2011,offer you French home style cuisine. Influenced by the rich culture we come from of food together with great wines. The idea here in Rouge is sharing.
Galway, Ireland
“Simple is best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had the hake, which was cooked to perfection. I like the idea of the amuse bouche, but not everything was to my personal taste.

I like the idea of simple cooking of quality ingredients.

The service was wonderfully french and unfortunately we had to leave just as the music was starting, had all the promise of a wonderful evening, next time we will know to time our visit for later

• Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
“So French”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Lovely French Relaxed Atmosphere and Very Friendly French Staffs ,I like the Idea of the Amuse Bouche ,I order an Entrecote Blue
was so tender and a lovely Selection of French Cheese

“Glad I found this.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner, no wine. The food is very good, and the price quite reasonable (less than 50€). The service was polite and professional. Worth a try.

Visited May 2014
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Amazing value, atmosphere, and food, Rouge is the best choice. The Amuse Bouche was a delicious platter of tasters, great conversation starters. The whole meal revolved around relaxing and interacting, which is what I love in a dining experience. We will definately be back in the near future.

Darwin, Australia
“Late night saviour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was in Galway last night in a party of 8. We were very disorganised and hadn't made dinner plans. We were advised to try Rouge and arrived unannounced at 10.45pm on Easter Sunday!
The maître d seated us immediately and ran through the menu options - a selection of starters and then a choice of fish, steak or a vegetarian option for €17.50! Starters included little pots of soup and delicious blue cheese quiche! Cod and steaks were all perfectly cooked and portion size was very generous for the €17.50 price tag! Service was impeccable without being intrusive!

Possibly not the best option for fussy eaters but thankfully I'm not and enjoyed every bit of our impromptu dinner!

• Visited April 2014