“nice experience in a good area”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Ranked #49 of 470 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: French food, wine bar (over 80 different types of French wines coming from small vineyards), cheese and cured meat platters, fresh local lobster, fish tank, open late every day. Food served until midnight Established in 2011,offer you French home style cuisine. Influenced by the rich culture we come from of food together with great wines. The idea here in Rouge is sharing.
ischia
“nice experience in a good area”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was in Galway only for r weekend and the weather was terrible on that Saturday....This wine bar was full and I had my dinner on a stool at the Bar but the atmosphere was lively and enjoyable.There was this simple choice with a set starter with many little amuse-bouche and then 3 options (one fish,one meat,one vegetables)for only 15 euro plus wine(nothing in Ireland).I ended the evening trying a cheese plate and a dessert,so at the end it was not so cheap...but it worth the money for the quality of the food and the service.The evening before this place was also full with live piano music...I remember there was also a corner-shop with nice wines and delicacies on sale...Last thing to add àDominick Street had 2 or 3 nice otuer options as a restaurant...so I almost had dinner only there...

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great value and great fun”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to rouge. Food and atmosphere were brilliant. Lovely wines and great value. I will definitely be back for another visit.

• Visited July 2013
“Service terrible”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Joined my partner and her colleagues for a drink after they were finished eating ordered a bottle of wine for the table 25 min waiting 4 times I asked different staff members for it heedlessl I would call them

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Kangoojt
Galway, Ireland
“Beware the fish!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I visited Rouge this past weekend. I had steak which was very good. My husband ordered the fish choice. It appeared quite undercooked. When my husband complained (to the sommelier, as we couldn't find the waitress) he grudgingly took the dish back. When it reappeared it was steaming hot like it had been microwaved. Later that evening when we got home, my husband threw up, which is very unusual for him. Needless to say, we will not be going back to Rouge.

• Visited July 2013
11 Thank Gemma N
Galway, Ireland
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant was on my 'Must Try' list for the long time.After so many great opinions I tried to book a table twice and the restaurant was every time fully booked. Finally, I managed to book a table 2 weeks in advance and unfortunately now I have to say that I regret. Their set menu is very basic: one starter and main course is choice of steak, fish, vegetarian.The starter included very small bowl with soup that was cold!!!!!, sausage, baby tomato with mozzarella - super basic. For the main course we ordered steaks and again they were were not warm!!!!!! The other thing I found very strange was that the veg are not included, only potatoes/gratin or chips are serve with steaks. The restaurant has very nice decor and the staff is very professional and friendly. The price is very low (€15) for the set menu but to be honest it is not worth it at all. Definitely, I will not be back. I prefer to spend more money but have better quality.

Visited July 2013