“Great experience”

Ranked #49 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The food is based on our terroir, the ensemble of natural influences that give a food a sense of place. In the west of Ireland we are surrounded by lush ancient woodland, bountiful shorelines, thriving farmlands all heaving with some of the best ingredients in Europe but unique to us. Aniar obeys the seasons and lets nature decide our menu.Recently returned from Noma, the Danish restaurant, voted the World’s Best Restaurant 2011, Enda McEvoy heads the kitchen. He works closely with local producers while also gathering wild herbs, plants and seaweeds each day from the woodlands and seashore around the area to produce a cuisine based around light clean flavours.Light sauces and stocks, properly reared animals (utilizing all of the animal), sustainably caught fish with an eye to the future of the fishing industry and evolving with the seasons using vegetables, herbs, fruits and berries, either from the wild or cultivated, all encompass the Aniar philosophy. The Chefs pickle and brine as much as is bountiful during the spring and summer to see the restaurant through the winter. Enda explains “we use modern culinary techniques to obtain the best out of the ingredients, while never losing sight of the integrity of the produce”.
Galway
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Food was amazing, service was amazing, wine was amazing. I don't think it's somewhere we could afford to eat at very often but it's definitely somewhere to go for a special treat. It's a little small which I don't like because the tables are too close together. I think this restaurant is for anyone who really enjoys and appreciates food. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TALKGalway

Ireland
“Tasty food but very little choice!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I visited this restaurant last March. Overall I found the food tasty however I found the choice very limited. There were only three starters, mains and desserts to choose from! The main course portions are quite small but I didn't mind this. I found the decor quite cold also. Our waiter was nice and very helpful. Our bill came to €150 which I felt wasn't really worth it. I'm glad I tried it but wouldn't return.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank April-Greene
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Really liked this. Fantastic food beautiful fresh ingredients. Perhaps too busy sometimes for great service

• Visited March 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Taste heaven”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Took 3 months wait to get a Saturday night table and well worth it. Limited menu but the taste buds are in for a treat. All ingredients are explained by a knowledgable waiter with some unusual surprises on every plate. Ambience is good, restaurant is quite small with low ceilings so can get quite noisy. Not a place for every week but definitely worth it when you feel like a treat.

Visited April 2013
“Definately not mitchelin star”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Just alright food. Quite tasteless. Very over priced. Dessert was very nice though. We went with friends as a treat and were quite disappointed.

• Visited April 2013