“Excellent”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Extremely tasty food. Lots of different choice available here and different price ranges which is good for those of a tight budget. Staff are very welcoming too.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I have heard a lot about this place from friends and family, and finally I got to go there for a dinner with group of friends ,seriously it's great little place the food are unbelievable !!! The size of the meals are huge and tasty , the waitress where very friendly this my new favourite place definitely going back !!!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I have eaten here a number of times and have been satisfied with my meal each time however on my most recent visit I ordered my usual meal (Lime Chicken Salad) and when it arrived I found the chicken pieces to be tough and chewy and not at all to my satisfaction. As I was hungry I ate the rest of the salad (leaves and some cheese) but left the remainder of the chicken on the plate. When the waitress arrived I informed her of my displeasure and she simply said " Ok " and walked away. I waited for a little while as I thought she would come back but no, that was it, When it was time to pay for the meal (there were two of us) I went to the till only to be charged FULL price for the meal I ate only a fraction of and had to request that she reconsider. I was told that the BEST she could do was to charge me for the half portion and was informed in a surly manner that chicken was freshly prepared insinuating that I was somehow fibbing!! At the end of the day I would have eaten in this establishment once a month and the least this waitress ( who said she recognised me ) could have done is take me at my word. the food on that day was below par but the service I experienced was not what I had hoped for and as a result I will not be going back to the High Cafe.

1  Thank jadi4100
HighCafe, Manager at High Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi jadi4100?
Im sorry to hear that you did not have a good experiance at the High-Cafe. I have sent you a private message for more details. Our customers are very important to us and to hear that you wont return is upsetting. As to why the chicken was chewy it may have been over-heated before being served.
I see from your profile that you reviewed 5 other establishments on the same date. All very good reviews. I wonder why you did not ask to speak with the manager as this would have been dealt with in a satisfactory way for yourself.
Please accept my apology and know that we apreciate all feedback wether good or bad.
Kind Regards
Farouq

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Ive been here twice and had 4 different dishes and every one of them has been horrific. It actually tastes like nothing which is hard to do with good veg. Never coming back. The end.

1  Thank amieiey

hi amieiey,
Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance in our establishment. It was clearly something that upset you as this has been your first review on TripAdvisor. I have mailed you privatley for more information. We value all feedback as our customersd are very important to us.

Kind regards
Farouq

Reviewed December 20, 2013

High Cafe is located in the heart of Galway serving a delicious selection of food from salads and pizza to yummy Moroccan choices. I've been numerous times for lunch and dinner but mainly with a group for a birthday or get together as it's BYOW. The staff are really friendly and couldn't do enough for us when we had a birthday celebration there. The portion sizes are really generous so you will not leave hungry!