“Amazing !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of High Cafe

High Cafe
Ranked #69 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Galway, Ireland
“Amazing !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've been few times to that place, and I have to say I really enjoyed it ! The food is really good, and pretty cheap as regards to the quality served in plates -but I heard they increased their prices...-. The atmosphere is really good, the decoration is not too heavy, but you better book a table if you want to eat there, especially at weekends, as there are only few seats up there.
The waitresses are also really nice and always worry about our comfort. They allow people to bring their own alcohol which is cool as well.
I do definitely recommend you that restaurant!! (Try the chicken couscous, this is to die for!)

• Visited March 2013

Galway
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate here during the week as a group of about 8.
Everything about it was fantastic. Thee food was delicious, everyone was happy with their meal, the prices very reasonable and the service excellent.
I will certainly be back!

Longford, Ireland
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I have the fish tagine every chance i get when I'm in Galway... Absolutely gorgeous!! Really chilled out cafe, very reasonalbly priced food.. Love it :))

Galway, Ireland
“Galway's Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is one of the best places for food in Galway. My friend and I had a meal deal so we had two main and shared a starter and dessert.
The starter of Garlic Bread. Chilli & Prawns was unbelievably tasty. I had a king prawn tagliatelle and he had lamb skewers. Both were large plates of tasty, homemade and fresh food. I usually do not eat lamb but I couldn't help myself trying some of his skewers and the meat was juicy and tasty. The tagliatelle was delicious and tasted fresh.
We then shared a banoffee pie which didn't disappoint as most Galway restaurants give bough in desserts this one was deliciously homemade and sweet. We also had Moroccan Tea, which was a lovely way to end the dinner.

The staff were lovely and friendly. The whole thing averaged at about €16 each. Which is amazing value for the city centre.

After 3 years of living in Galway City Centre I am disappointed that I waited until now to try this restaurant.

1 Thank ClaireMcC92
“The best service EVER!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

High cafe...what can i say? Food is great, price is unbelievable and the service is perfect! I had the chicken tagine and falafel. The falafel was tasty and the tagine was delicious! Hats off to the chefs. The service was brilliant. I have never felt so accommodated. The high cafe is perfect for tourist as they have both french and spanish waitress' who are both extremely helpful. The irish waitress' are also very helpful. All the waitress' create an easy, relaxing atmosphere in the restaurant. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone who would be interested in a good lunch or dinner.