“The best service EVER!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

High cafe...what can i say? Food is great, price is unbelievable and the service is perfect! I had the chicken tagine and falafel. The falafel was tasty and the tagine was delicious! Hats off to the chefs. The service was brilliant. I have never felt so accommodated. The high cafe is perfect for tourist as they have both french and spanish waitress' who are both extremely helpful. The irish waitress' are also very helpful. All the waitress' create an easy, relaxing atmosphere in the restaurant. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone who would be interested in a good lunch or dinner.

There are newer reviews for High Cafe

Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you like Moroccan food this is the place for you. I recommend the lamb tagine for around a tener, real value for beautiful food and plenty of it. You can't buy alcohol but they have no problem if you bring your own wine or a drink from the pub below them. You can see the chefs at work if you like, and the true test for any Moroccan restaurant is that Moroccans eat there too.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My Husband recently obtained his travel pass, so off to Galway we went to see the sights. On Shoppe street we stepped in from the rain under an awning and read the menu for High cafe. An hour later, intrigued by the Moroccan influence we went back to dine. It was just wonderful, I had Lamb tagine. the lamb was so tender it melted in my mouth. juicy olives, raisins, onions with a citrus undertone. first class fare . Husband had marinated skewers of lamb ,both reasonably priced (under €19 each). Staff were very pleasant, even allowed us bring drinks up from bar beneath. W
We will be back!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Cafe is quite small and you have to know it's there in order to find it. But it's really worth going there. The waitresses were nice and the food was there very quickly. The Pizza was delicious and the price is really good. Especially for Galway conditions! (about 9€ for any Pizza).

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place is amazing. I ate here twice on my trip to Galway.
The garlic bread is divine, prices reasonable and the other food is equally good!
I like the versatile menu and the vibe in the café is easy-going and relaxing.
I'd recommend this place to anyone!