“One of my favourite places to eat”

McCambridge's of Galway
Ranked #66 of 469 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Irish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: McCambridge's is a local family deli and restaurant which specializes in the best of local Irish and international food, wine and spirits. Our coffee bar downstairs provides Italian style coffees, and a great selection of cakes and pastries. Our restaurant upstairs serves fresh seasonal food and is a really popular food destination in Galway. We also have a large sandwich counter for take-away sandwiches, and a self serve salad bar. A great selection of the finest food such as cheeses, sauces, seasonings, teas, chocolates, biscuits and drinks are available to purchase. McCambridge's hampers can be ordered any time on our website, in store or off our hamper table in store.
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“One of my favourite places to eat”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I don't normally review places in Galway as I live here but feel McCambridges is deserving of a good review since I eat there regularly. I have ordered many items from both the Saturday lunch menu and Sunday breakfast/brunch menus and never have been disappointed.
The sweet potato chips are the best I've ever had, I always get them! Ordered them once and they arrived 5-10 minutes after the rest of the food so the staff there said they were complimentary. Overall the staff are very friendly.

• Visited August 2014

Ireland
“Arrive early”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Great variety in menu for both lunch and dinner. Arrive early if you are planning to visit for lunch as queue can extend right down the stairs at lunchtime. Great atmosphere and dining experience. Would recommend for group lunch or for romantic evening meal

Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Big Group, Not Too Much of a Problem”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were a biggish group (nine, 3 of which were kids), and we were starving, and it was getting late (for the kids, anyway). It was a great relief that McCambridge's was able to sit us, let along get us something excellent to eat. They did -- lovely glass of lavender-infused lemonade, duck confit, nice stuff for the vegetarians amongst us. The wait staff was alert. Kitchen staff (viewed from an angle through the door) may have had issues with a late-seated table when they had their eye on the clock, and it threw off one of my dining companions, who worried on their behalf (we were in a half-hour before closing, so I was not worried at all, and neither should the kitchen boys have been, either. Carrot cake was magnificent, and while my dining companions were finishing up, I was able to nip downstairs to get some much-needed supplies for the apartment rental.

• Visited July 2014
Galway, Ireland
“Pre theatre arts festival dinner”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Well I thought it was great value at 25 euro for two courses inc a glass of wine
The cheeseboard starter is fantastic but I choose to have it after my main course of rib eye steak
Beautiful skinny fries freshly cooked
Asked for a sauce for my steak and the manageress Amy couldn't have been nicer
Asking me to choose one and the chef would make it wow that's service

Galway
“Tasty Food in a great location”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Was here for lunch had the ciabatta with chicken, chorizo & roasted peppers. Very tasty although a little expensive for a sandwhich.
My partner was equal impressed with her chicken and bacon ciabatta with tomato & avocado.
The place was very busy with a que of people waiting for a table all standing on the stairway.
Have always used the deli downstairs in the past and have never been disappointed.
Great place to eat right in the middle of shop street.