“5 Stars!”

Ranked #132 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Revive is a bistro in heart of Galway where the chefs use fresh local ingredients to make healthy flavoursome food. We prep, we cook, we bake, we do it all in our kitchens. We take no shortcuts and take great pride in what we do
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Was here last Saturday after stressful bit of shopping in Debenhams and it really lifted my mood! My wife had the House Salad which I tasted and have to say its one of the nicest salads I've ever had. I had the Soup sandwich combo , the sweet potato and broccoli soup was top drawer. My sandwich was a real one- thick slices of chicken with some melted Brie and homemade relish, I'm fussy about my relish but again was exquisite. This was followed by some lovely strong coffees and dessert.

We used to go to Coco which is next door but can't see us going anywhere else now. Some things are maybe a euro or so dearer but totally worth it as the portions are huge and food tasted really fresh! The service was efficient considering it was so busy!

1  Thank Gavin M

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The city of Galway was crowded – as one would expect so close to Christmas. Looking for an escape from the crowds and a light lunch, we wandered into Café Revive. It too was crowded, but at least we got a table and were able to rest our feet.

The menu was on blackboards behind the counter, and each item sounded appetising. My wife chose a ham sandwich and I went for the beef wrap. Both wrap and sandwich came with a mix of cheese, onion, chutney and tomato, and both were excellent. The meat was exactly as it should have been but often is not. It was “real” as opposed to processed: the ham - described as honey cured, - was thickly cut, and delicious; the beef was moist and very tender. Service, despite the fact that the restaurant was crowded and quick and efficient. The staff were friendly and pleasantt. We both had coffees which were very good.

Overall, and excellent “Light Lunch” experience, and one we will be happy to repeat.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had a lovely light lunch at this restaurant. We had a soup and a sandwich. We both had the vegetable soup and then had two diffierent sandwiches. One a beef and the other turkey. Both were lovely and freshly made. Our soup was really delicious on a very very cold winters' day! The soup and sandwich came to 6.95 Euros - which was extremly good value for money.

I would eat here for definite if I return to Galway.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stopped in to the Revive Cafe for a quick shopping break. The ground floor area is small, but there is additional seating upstairs. To place an order, you go up to the till/cash register and then your order is brought to you.
I chose a seat by the window to people watch. The cafe was busy, but not packed. My scone and latte arrived within a few minutes. There were two young ladies taking and delivering orders. They were both polite but not overly friendly. The atmosphere is nice - it is cosy.
Although I only had a scone and coffee, I did see a number of breakfast and lunch options including soups and sandwiches.
I would stop in again. Anyone with mobility issues would have difficulty moving around the small interior. Also, to access the additional seating or bathrooms you must climb a lot of stairs.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I came here for breakfast on my last day as I was staying at the Eyre Square Townhouse. Ordered the scrambled eggs on toast and cappuccino and paid a whopping €9.65. For that price the food should really have been great but instead I was served with a large plate of tasteless scrambled eggs and 4 half-slices of brown toast. No jam, only butter. In London this would have been a gourmet breakfast, not something that I could've cooked up in my kitchen!