“Lovely latte and scone” 4 of 5 bubbles

Revive Cafe
Ranked #150 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Revive is a bistro in heart of Galway where the chefs use fresh local ingredients to make healthy flavoursome food. We prep, we cook, we bake, we do it all in our kitchens. We take no shortcuts and take great pride in what we do
Galway
“Lovely latte and scone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stopped in to the Revive Cafe for a quick shopping break. The ground floor area is small, but there is additional seating upstairs. To place an order, you go up to the till/cash register and then your order is brought to you.
I chose a seat by the window to people watch. The cafe was busy, but not packed. My scone and latte arrived within a few minutes. There were two young ladies taking and delivering orders. They were both polite but not overly friendly. The atmosphere is nice - it is cosy.
Although I only had a scone and coffee, I did see a number of breakfast and lunch options including soups and sandwiches.
I would stop in again. Anyone with mobility issues would have difficulty moving around the small interior. Also, to access the additional seating or bathrooms you must climb a lot of stairs.

• Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Expensive but tasteless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I came here for breakfast on my last day as I was staying at the Eyre Square Townhouse. Ordered the scrambled eggs on toast and cappuccino and paid a whopping €9.65. For that price the food should really have been great but instead I was served with a large plate of tasteless scrambled eggs and 4 half-slices of brown toast. No jam, only butter. In London this would have been a gourmet breakfast, not something that I could've cooked up in my kitchen!

Visited October 2013
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I went to Revive twice during the week.

On the first trip I was told if I wanted to use my debit card to pay I would have to spend a minimum of 10 euros, this is a very old fashioned way of doing things but I was willing to give the place a second chance.

On my second trip during lunch time, I ordered something basic and told the waitress where I would be sitting (so she knew where to find me). I waited for my coffee and watched as people who arrived after me were served not only their coffees but their food also and asked if they needed anything else.

I had to seek out a member of staff on two occasions firstly to get my coffee and then to get my food - when I did ask about my food it was obvious it had been forgotten. I was told that the delay was caused by them being very busy - despite being very busy they were serving people who arrived after me (?).

When my food arrived it was very different to what I had been served on my first trip, I felt it had been thrown together and having had to seek out staff on two occasions my interest in remaining any longer was non existent. And my lunch hour was almost up having spent the majority of it waiting around.

I left feeling that my custom was not as appreciated as those who were served before me despite arriving after me. I will take my business elsewhere in future.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank purpleiris86
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“First class food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

On visiting Galway for the first time had a great lunch at Revive. Had homemade minestrone soup and sandwich deal with salad, all with excellent flavour. We felt it was very good value for money.

• Visited September 2013
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Best cajun chicken wrap ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

This corner cafe has it all - great location, great atmosphere, and great food. With two floors, giving fantastic views down shopstreet, as well as a few outdoor tables (Weather permitting), it's a wonderful place to relax, meet some friends, have a cuppa etc.

Visited October 2012