“Galway at it's Finest”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Galway at it's Finest”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A lovely spot, I don't really care about the historic aspect, but from an aesthetic point of view it's fantastic, on a warm day, no matter where in the world I am I just wish I could be at spanish arch.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
UK
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“An old arch in Galway, not much more to say”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ok, it's famous, it's historical and it smells of pee! On a summer's day I can see it being a nice location beside the water. On a winter's afternoon, it has little to offer other than as a brief stop on the way to the museum.

Visited November 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perfect on Sunny Days”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Spanish Arch is perfect for those rare days when Galway gets warm, sunny weather. Sitting down here lazily with friends and an ice-cream is a good way to people watch and simply enjoy Galway.
It is known by young Galwegians as a spot for having a few drinks in the evenings so beware if that isn't your thing. If it is your thing, head down and enjoy (and try to disguise your alcoholic beverage so local Gardaí don't take it from you!)
If you are looking for history, it is there but I wouldn't claim that this is the perfect place for it.

Visited March 2013
Ontario, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“its okay....”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Galway is a wonderful city with a great vibe. Great place to wander about. On a walk on a lovely sunny afternoon we found our way to the Spanish Arches. It was a neat little area but I don't feel I would go out of my way to find it. I can appreciate the history but did find the area a bit unkept and not too interesting.... We continued on our way for a great stroll along the Salthill Prom. All part of lovely Galway, great pubs and friendly people.

Visited September 2013
Greeley, Kansas
“Spanish arch”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

It wasn't what I had expected. If you need to cut something out of your trip this should be it. It was very small

Visited October 2013