“Looks like fun with a blast from the past”
Review of Salthill Beaches

Salthill Beaches
Ranked #20 of 140 things to do in Galway
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I'm writing this review as an observer, not as a swimmer, however I did see a number of swimmers braving the cold (mid 60 degrees) weather in favor of a swim. The site looked like it once was a nice area with dressing rooms, pay toilets, a raft in the water, and steps to take when getting down into the water. The other option is to dive or jump from one of the locations on the swim platform. The saltwater had left deposits on the ladders and etched the concrete. I saw lots of people walking along the sidewalk (me and my DH included) and even a few dogs in the company of their owners, running along the beach and tide - having a blast! I didn't "kick" the wall at the end of the area, but I did touch it. I'm sure this is a fun and popular area for swimming and enjoying the beach.

1  Thank TravelDiva001

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

stopped off here today with my boyfriend. we had a walk along the prom add the tide was in. There was a lot of people around walking about soaking up the sun which was lovely to see. we went to the funfair too. the swimming pool beside the fun fair was closed which is very disappointing especially during the summer months. we also had icecream from a lovely little cafe on the main street.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This beach goes on for miles, as others will tell you there are ice cream/chip shops bars/restaurants, lots of fun for the kids so don't miss out when you visit go for the day if its nice you will enjoy it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

If the weather's good, it's worth it. Also close to amusements & a fun fair for kids. Many ice cream shops & a few bars/restaurants around.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hard to believe there are beautiful, clean beaches so close to the center of the city. Great views of Galway Bay and the City. Even better views when the NUI coeds are out in force.