“Children loved it”
Review of Leisureland

Leisureland
Ranked #54 of 140 things to do in Galway
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was disappointed to read the recent reviews of Leisureland on TripAdvisor as I had been there about 5 years ago and found it to be very good. OK, so I agree that areas of it could do with a lick of paint, but I didn't find it to be the Black Hole of Calcutta that some of the other reviews suggest. My children (5 and 7) loved it, in particular the waterslide and large inflatable obstacle course. The pools were clean, and the life guards courteous and attentive. Perhaps I just hit Leisureland on a good day, but from my perspective it was as good an afternoon out for children as you can have in Galway. Twenty euros doesn't go far when it comes to a day out, so it's worth a look.

1  Thank Gareth D
Leisureland, Manager at Leisureland, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you Gareth D for your review. We are really glad you and your family enjoyed your visit. Perhaps you can fit us in on your next visit to Galway! Thanks again,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went there with the family this summer. We all loved it and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The lifeguards were great...really looked like they were enjoying themselves and were great with the kids. Facilities were great and in good condition. Definitely will be back on my next visit to Galway :)

1  Thank longlivelaura

Dear longlivelaura,

Thank you so much for your lovely review about your visit. We are delighted that you and your family had such a good time in our facility. That is what we are here for after all! We hope you make it back for a visit on your next trip to Galway.

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

i visited here on as part of our holiday.i always had good childhood memories of leisureland but oh how times have changed. we purchased 2 adult tickets for a swim.my 3 year old was free.i was not informed that there was only 30 minutes left to use the pool.we were only in the pool a short time before the session ended.it was very dissappointing as we had travelled an hour to get there..
i informed the manager of my dissatisfaction but to no avail.a robot would have had better people skills.in the current climate leisureland should look after their customers rather than rip them off. the premises itself is quite run down and it was disgusting to look at the floor of the pool while swimming.i told the manager on duty i would not be back and he was passive agressive in his responce.disgusting pool and a disgusting manner.

5  Thank 82late

Dear 82late,

As I discussed with you over the phone, we are very sorry that you had such a bad experience in our facility. We have implemented the changes we discussed over the phone to alleviate the problems you experienced in future and thank you once again for highlighting the issues.

I hope your brother/ family enjoyed a visit with us over the summer? If so, please let us know how their experience with us was with us on this occasion. Thank you again,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I found this establishment to be old and worn as a leisure centre and found the pool to be dirty and in need of a good clean while the staff acted like the didnt want to be there very off putting

3  Thank Niall G
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am From Galway and loved this pool as a child. Have gone there a number of times with my own children but have always left extremely disappointed. The pool and facilities are great the children have a great time and we would love to stay longer but they are always too cold. First time my child's lips were blue so I rang and complained after I was informed that the boiler was broke. Next time I went they let me in for free but we were freezing. Before I went again I rang and asked if the boiler was fixed it took a year even more for the boiler to be fixed. I must say the staff were very nice and open about their problem. Went back in November and the boiler was fixed I was told but it is so cold in the kids pool, I am warmer standing up. moved to the middle pool which was warmer but my son was so cold he just stuck to me instead of swimming. Tonight I told him we would take him swimming tomorrow. He said that the pool was cold and he wanted a different one he is just gone 3 and has not been there in 3 months but he still remembers how cold he was. I am now looking for a new pool that is warmer and I am so sad that I can't give my child the same lovely memories of leisure land that I have. Why Can't you make the baby pool warmer and the experience more enjoyable

10  Thank Sinead M