“Royal Tara, Galway”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Royal Tara China Ltd.
More attraction details
Owner description: home of world famous Royal Tara China,islandcraft gifts,Claracrafts ,living ireland ,& White Diamond hotel porcelain. We welcome your visit to us .We are open 7 days at our period house on 5 acres.
Galway, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Royal Tara, Galway”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is one of my favourite shops in Galway, It has a wonderful area with pottery that is reduced to clear, where I get lots of different items that I can use for gifts. For example, I got a lovely oven pottery dish with a lid, which I added baked goodies to! Also, has plain pottery items, which are perfect for kids to decorate as gifts.

Visited July 2013

Ipswich
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Royal Tara”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

While in the West of Ireland recently we visited Royal Tara and were a bit disappointed to find that there wasn't a lot of merchandise in the store, it seems that because of some damage to the building that they are mostly marketing their product online rather than in the store. The assistant who was there was really lovely and very helpful when it came to packaging our purchases for travelling so that was a bonus. We found the place a little out of the way but near the hotel we stayed in and easy enough to find.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank evie5610
Shannon, Ireland
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Business Acumen of the Highest Standards”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had been given a gift of a Royal Tara Clock about ten years ago. In 2012, while trying to change a battery, I inadvertedly knocked one of the hands off. I phoned Royal Tara and spoke to Catherine, who sent me a replacement clock. The clock was not the right one, so I telephoned Catherine and explained my dilemna. Catherine advised me, that on my next visit to Galway to bring the clock back. I did and I met Catherine who went looking for the appropriate clock and was unable to find one. Catherine assured me that there was one but she would have to post it to me. She refunded the cash for wrong one and today I received the right one - at no charge. This to me was a wonderful approach to business and it replaced my Faith in Human Nature. Next time, I need a gift, I will not pass Royal Tara China in the beautiful and ancient City of Galway Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Visited January 2013
5 Thank Aidan W
arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This is not a tour!”
Reviewed March 28, 2009

I may have misunderstood, but there is not a factory tour, but just a gift shop. I spoke to the girl at the gift centre and she informed me that they do produce china in Galway but most of it now comes from China. It was hard to find and not worth the time at all. We were just there last week.

4 Thank lelaanne
Uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Royal Tara China today”
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Royal Tara is open for business again in Galway since 2004 after a brief closure. I know alot of people I talked to are still confused about this. It is still located in it's original beautiful surrounds in a 19th Century Georgian Style house in Mervue. It has gotten bigger and better with it's vast range of new and exciting gifts. People always leave having received value for money and the perpect gift as I have noticed when I brought in friends and relatives.

It is still open 7 days a week with free parking and stress free shopping. Royal Tara offers very competitive shipping rates to all their friends of Royal Tara abroad and are only 2 delighted to send that special gift to your loved one anywhere in the world which we were delighted with so once we had bought and paid for our gifts we didn't need worry bout carrying them or getting them home.
Pop in for a browse where the staff are sure to give you 100% attention to help you find that special something or offer some directions if they cannot help. It is a very pleasant place to pass an hour or 2. I am looking forward to going back again this year in the Summer.

From a good friend and customer of Royal Tara.
Sally (Uk)