“Elcellent 3 days”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Kilcock, Ireland
“Elcellent 3 days”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

From the moment I decided to take a couple of days away and called the Galway Bay Hotel. The girl I spoke to, to make a booking was so friendly and helpful.I decided then and there, tthat that was where i wanted to take my break . The area is perfect and I had a great view of the beach from my bedroom. I found my room really comfortable (not to hot or not to cold) There was a great choice of food from the dinner menu. I found the restaurant staff very friendly and helpful, and the place was spotless.
Breakfast was served up to 10.30. which really suited me.
I can honestly say that for the 3 days I spent there I could not find 1 fault and i have every intention of returning there again later in the year.
Helen Corbett

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Dear ‘Flannety’,

It is wonderful to read that you had such a positive experience during your three day visit to the Galway Bay Hotel. I have passed on your thoughts to all on the team and all have requested that I pass on to you a very sincere thank you. I am delighted to read your comments regarding the staff in our restaurant and regarding the content on our menu. We have a large amount of regular resident and non resident diners and this is the overwhelming feedback I receive. Thank you again most sincerely and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.
Kind regards,
Dan Murphy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
West Midlands
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I am writing my second tripadvisor review of this hotel as I was lucky enough to visit there again last month!
I received such a warm welcome and all my details were already on the system so check in was swift and efficient. I had a wonderful room which was spacious and incredibly comfortable, I had spent the week driving so I was really looking forward to a warm comfortable bed and I was'nt disapointed. I ordered room service and my meal was delivered by a most professional an friendly Food and Beverage operative, the meal was great, after finishing I dialled the number for tray collection, I then checked about 10 mins later and the tray had been removed (always something I look out for!)
Breakfast was again fantastic and the service was so friendly and the view wonderful!
I can honestly say that a stay at the Galway Bay Hotel will do you the world of good, I work in the Hospitality industry and this place is out on its own!
well done to all the management and all the great staff, your hard work is really paying off!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear ‘SomeoneWestMidlands’,

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments following on from your recent visits to the Galway Bay Hotel. I have shared your views with all on the team and all are delighted to read them. I am particularly delighted to read your comment regarding the comfort of the hotel bed. Recently, as part of the overall refurbishment program throughout the hotel we replaced all hotel beds. In fact, we invested huge time and expense into researching the most comfortable bed in the marketplace and the feedback we are receiving in this regard is phenomenal. I mention in other trip advisor replies that our large amounts of regular guests refer to our beds as the ‘heavenly beds’. Thank you again for your very kind comments and all on the team look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 2, 2011

stayed here recently. this hotel has stunning views of the galway bay and just on the doorstep of the beach. we booked into our double room, but it was very spaceous, lovely and warm room and spotless. the restraunt is very nice, and not over priced. the staff was very friendly and helpful. ill be back to this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Dear ‘jamiebaby’,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a review following on from your recent visit to the Galway Bay Hotel. I greatly appreciate all feedback I receive and all on the team have requested that I pass on a very sincere thank you to you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Ireland
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This is the third time my family and I have stayed in The Galway Bay Hotel. The first time was very good, the second was not so good, the third and most recent was exceptional! Having previously had a disappointing stay at the Galway Bay Hotel in Dec 2009, we had the opportunity to stay two nights earlier this month and thankfully we took it as it has restored our faith in The Galway Bay Hotel.

From the moment we arrived, we found the staff to be exceptional, very friendly and accommodating - second to none, a reflection on their General Manager, Dan Murphy, of whom I had the pleasure of meeting. We were given two interconnecting rooms which were spotless and very comfortable and overlooked Galway Bay. Do not overlook the
excellent hotel restaurant as the food is of the highest quality, complimented by the impeccable service. The hotel is in a great location and we went for a lovely walk along the sea front into Galway city which is about 3kms from the hotel. All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to book the Galway Bay Hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear ‘TPO1’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel when visiting Galway for a family break. Thank you also for this very favourable review. I am delighted to read that your stay was exceptional. I have uploaded your comments on to my guest feedback log for all team members to view. All are delighted and have requested that I pass on their gratitude to you. To say that the staff are exceptional is very rewarding, as together we invest huge effort, commitment and expense into our in house training program ‘exceeding expectations’, whereby structured training is carried out on a daily basis in each of the departments of the hotel. All aspects of customer service are addressed with all team members as part of this program which is managed by each department head and our Human Resource Manager – in fact, recently we have been recognized by Failte Ireland for excellence in this area after we achieved a European Quality Mark of Excellence – EFQM – one of only three hotels in the country to receive this accolade. You quite rightly mention the walk along the seafront directly outside the hotel; numerous guests mention this as being a highlight referring to the walk for miles on the seafront directly outside the hotel. I do look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully meeting you again in person at some stage in the future.
Warmest regards,
Bellaghy
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Best ever room for a family with small children. Staff very enthusiastic and friendly and welcoming to children and their tired parents :-). Food was excellent, especially the mini pain au chocolat for breakfast. Kids also enjoyed the swimming pool.
Close to promenade which children enjoyed for a walk and the little village of Salthill. Very good views from hotel. Enjoyable facial and massage in the spa. Galway a fantastic city especially the little market, plenty to do and see.
Will definitely be back....have already recommended it to friends who visited the next weekend and loved it too. Only one thing, could u turn off the rain!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear ‘Bronagh73’,

Thank you very much for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway. Thank you also for this very positive review. I am delighted to read your thoughts regarding our team, our bedrooms and our food for both breakfast and dinner. You are quite correct when mentioning our location on the promenade here in Salthill – both children and adults really enjoy beach and the scenic walks on our door step. As you mention, I also get super feedback regarding the beauty treatments we provide and I am very lucky with my team, not just in this area, but in all areas of the hotel. Thank you again for this feedback.
Warmest regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Great Hotel.Love the staff and the comfort was amazing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Dear ‘Humna’,

Thank you very much for this very nice review following on from your recent visit to the Galway Bay Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.
Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I recently stayed at the Galway bay hotel for a birthday present. It was a Wednesday over the midterm break. So the hotel was busy enough.

Let me start off by saying the hotel and staff are very nice. The first meeting you have is at reception where the staff are very friendly and professional. The room we got was a junior room, which was very nice it had a jacuzzi bath and alot of space in the room it's self. The bar is a nice place too, the staff are really great in there. Now it gets to the only part of the stay we were not at the least impressed with, the lobster pot restaurant. First of all the menu did not have any prices on it which wasn't that big a problem but led us to believe it was a nice place with upper standard food. It had very exotic dishes such as kangaroo, bison and ostrich. When we were first walking into the restaurant there was a michellin listed sticker so all could see, when we got in it was just a function room turned into a restaurant. We got walked though this massive room all the way to the end where they had everyone stuffed, however it wouldn't have been so bad if the food was at any sort of standard. The waiter came over with the menu's and startedto list off the things that were not available which was pretty much the whole menu, it was all the exotic meals, the lobster and sea bass. For a name like the lobster pot to only have salmon and sea trout on the menu sounded strange, so we were wondering weather to stay or just go somewhere else. We ended up giving it a shot. My girlfriend got a caesar salad to start (few salad leaves thrown on a plate with tomato and sliced cheese literally). For her main was sea trout (let's just say it was not finished). My starter was the sea food chowder which was nice and for my main I had the lamb as it was the only thing that stood out (I wouldn't have served it to my dog, and as the the side of potato it doesn't take much creativity to make potatoes in a bowl without skins and cauliflower with a teaspoon of cheese sauce). Needless to say after that the dessert menu a no go. So 88 paid later we left still hungry with half the food going back into the kitchen still on the plate.

I am recommending this hotel but do not go into the restaurant even though it's said to be booking up quick.

• Stayed February 2011
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear ‘Jay247’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway and also for this very valuable feedback. I use feedback such as this to encourage and motivate the team to perform to the highest possible service level consistently. I am delighted to view your comments regarding all staff being very friendly and professional, with the bar staff being really great. I do get fantastic feedback on a consistent basis when it comes to all members on the team. I am also very happy to read your comments regarding the bedroom and indeed the bar – these comments are in keeping with the normal daily comment I receive from guests of the hotel. I am terribly disappointed to view your comments regarding your dining experience in our Lobster Pot Restaurant. I would like to apologise to you most sincerely and I would like to assure you that this is definitely not the normal standard of service we strive to offer any guest of the Lobster Pot. I receive large volumes of comment from guests of the hotel and local regular non resident guests who dine frequently with us and the general feedback I receive regarding the food quality is extremely positive and consistently guests use words such as ‘exceptional’, ‘fabulous’, ‘great value’ when commenting on the quality and the whole dinning experience. In fact, on the evening you dinned (Wednesday 23rd Feb) we served 158 guests and the feedback we have received is as I have described. However, this was not the case with your good self and once again I do sincerely apologise. I would be delighted if you dropped me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would welcome the opportunity to liaise in person with a view to regaining your confidence with the Lobster Pot Restaurant here in the Galway Bay Hotel.