“A GREAT NIGHT WITH TOP CLASS SERVICE”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Ireland
“A GREAT NIGHT WITH TOP CLASS SERVICE”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

9 of us stayed in the Galway Bay Hotel on Saturday the 26th June. We each availed of the one night pampering offer, which includes dinner and a 30 minute pampering treatment. The treatment was fabulous and the salon was very well run and the salon even allowed us to change our appointment times on the day of arrival. The hotel was top class, the staff were lovely and very accommodating. The hotel organised cocktail lessons for us (on request) and also provided us with a complementary bottle of wine with the dinner. The dinner was superb. When we moved to town, we asked the hotel to organise a taxi for us and the taxi was outside the door within two minutes. The following morning, there was no pressure on us to vacate the room by noon and every time we went to the reception desk, the staff were exceptionally friendly. Overall it was a great experience and we would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Galway Bay Hotel. I have shared your review with all of the team here and all have asked me to pass on their gratitude to you. I have mentioned in previous trip advisor replies that I am extremely lucky to have such a wonderful team in the Galway Bay who are so focused and on delivering top class costumer service. You mention the bar staff and the cocktail demonstration – this is something we do for guests on a regular basis. A number of months ago, my bar staff requested that we offer this to guests and they love the idea of ‘showing off’ to guests – in fact each member of the bar team has their own signature cocktail and they have a friendly rivalry among themselves when it comes to selling their signature drinks. To read that your stay was a great experience is very gratifying to all here and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future. If returning please drop a line on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would love to say hello in person at some stage.
Dan Murphy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Polish first
Cork
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay, food was really good, friendly staff, and room was clean and spacious, with the beach across the road, and Galway city is no distance at all.
I love the conservatory to sit and read the paper or one can also sit outside, with a beartiful view. We'll be back again hopefully over next few months.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review of the Galway Bay Hotel. To read that your stay was ‘just perfect’ is particularly pleasing and all on the team here have asked me to say to you that you have ‘made their day’!! we hope you walked the prom when across at the beach and most importantly we hope you kicked the wall ant the end – this is a Galway tradition!! We all look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future and please do not hesitate to drop me a line on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would welcome to opportunity to say hello in person at some stage in the future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed in the Galway Bay Hotel for a midweek break. I found the location brilliant, such easy access to the city. The restaurant staff were very accomodating, despite the restaurant being extremely busy on both the nights we dined,the staff had plenty time to spend with us, taking time to explain a very comprehensive menu, also taking the time for the small touches such as topping up our wine, it makes all the difference. Food was exceptional value, the quality fantasic. I know why it was so busy each night.
The bedrooms were clean, spacious and had a nice traditional feel to them, with the most comfortable beds I've slept in.
All in all I would rate the Galway Bay as one of the best hotels i've stayed in, the staff were brilliant, keep up the good work.

Dear Guest,

What a lovely review. Your very kind words are very much appreciated. I am delighted to see that you received the service which we are renowned for here in the Galway Bay Hotel. I receive vast amounts of feedback similar to this on a daily basis and I have to say that all on the team here make my job so much easier by providing this top class service. Your comment regarding the food being ‘exceptional’ has been passed on to Executive Chef Mr Ciaran Gantly and he passes on his sincere gratitude. I hope you tried one of our dishes from our exotic section on our menu (crocodile, kangaroo, wild boar etc) as these dishes are getting some superb feedback each night. I am delighted you mention that the bed was the most comfortable you have slept in – recently we have remodeled all guest bedrooms and as part of this project we invested considerable time and expense into sourcing the most comfortable bed in the marketplace – this was well worth the effort as the feedback I am receiving is quite phenomenal. Infact our numerous repeat guests have ‘nic’ named the bed the heavenly bed. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel in the future. Please do not hesitate to drop me a line on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would love to opportunity to say hello in person at some point.
Hucknall, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Having stayed at this hotel at New Year we knew we could expect quality and that is what we got, everyone goes out of their way to make your stay here perfect.
Nothing is too much trouble no matter what the query.
We were guests at a private party on Thursday last and I can only say the function room was set out well and the food brilliant.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this lovely review of the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you have had pleasant experiences on your visits here. I am also delighted to read your comments regarding the food quality and on the standard of service. I have passed your feedback on to the team here and all staff members have asked me to pass on their gratitude to you. Hopefully you will get the opportunity to visit us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance at any point please do not hesitate to drop me a line personally on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I will be delighted to say hello in person at some stage in the future. Kindest regards, Dan Murphy.
Ireland
Reviewed June 28, 2010

4 Stars - I DON'T THINK SO !!.. Rooms are dirty; Service is very average; Food - hmmm - ok at best.... They are trading on their location (beside the promenade) - honest advice - go somewhere else until such time as they get their act together....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Thank you for your review of the Galway Bay Hotel. Myself, and the team
here in the Galway Bay are extremely disappointed to learn of your
recent experience with us. I would like to apologize most sincerely and
I would like to assure you that this is definitely not the normal
standard of service we strive to offer any guest of the Galway Bay
Hotel. As you can see your experience is not consistent with the normal
feedback we receive on a daily basis. I would be delighted if you
would drop me a line personally so as we can discuss and God willing I will get
the opportunity to regain your confidence with the Galway Bay Hotel at
some stage in the future. My personal e-mail address is
dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com Kindest regards, Dan Murphy.
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel June of 2010. Not only did we find it to be convenient in location(location, location,location!) We found the staff were quite willing to assist in anyway possible. The restaurant served wonderful food and the bar had good entertainment for after dinner.Our room was amazing as it had an unobstructed view of the bay in 2 directions. All in all we found this hotel and it's staff to be the best we've stayed at in our travels. Keep up the great work Dan and we look forward to staying at The Galway Bay Hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2010
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for this wonderful review of the Galway Bay Hotel. I have shared your views with all of the team here and all have requested that I pass on their gratitude to you. I do remember meeting with you in the hotel lobby prior to your departure and it is great to put ‘a face with the name.’ Your comment stating that our ‘staff were the best on your travels’ is very rewarding to read as we put large emphasis on a very structured in house training program with a primary focus on costumer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future. Should you get the opportunity to return please do not hesitate to drop me a line on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I will be delighted to take care of the detail and hopefully get the opportunity to meet again at some stage during your visit. Kindest regards, Dan Murphy.
Ireland
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Do not be deceived by the rating - 4 stars, I would rate it a very poor 3. The bedrooms are an average size with dated style - there is NO fridge, no safe, not even an iron. Naturally there is also no air conditioning. We stayed for B&B, the breakfast was fine nothing spectacular. Staff were very nice so no complaints there.
The leisure centre is a joke - my son described the pool as a hole in the ground filled with water. Its a pleasant enough hotel but should have been at least €200 cheaper for what we got.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of the Galway Bay Hotel. Needless to say, I am always extremely concerned when any guest leaves the hotel less than 100% happy. I would like to sincerely apologize for any shortcomings which you may have encountered during your stay with us and I would like to assure you that your comments are taken in the structured nature in which they are meant. I have shared your views with all of the team here and collectively we are all deeply disappointed as we do take feedback such as this very personally. It is our collective aim now to attempt to regain your confidence with the Galway Bay Hotel. I would be delighted if you would drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com regarding your stay with us. Kindest regards, Dan Murphy.