“Enjoyable stay, Brilliant staff!”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel has it all. Its location right on the Galway Bay is amazing and the view from our room which was overlooking the bay was beautiful. The hotel has a feeling of luxury from the second you enter the lobby and there is a beautiful elegant conservatory and patio with stunning views of the Galway bay (With helpful staff always close by to tend to your every need!) We ate in the bar on our first day and it was an excellent start to our trip. My mother and I had the most delicious chowder and the salmon for our main. The chowder was the best i have ever tasted. Our waitress was so lovely, friendly and attentive. We were so impressed and pleased with how well we were looked after from the beginning to the end of our meal and we all commented on how excellent the level of service was. Really looking forward to our return. Such a happy atmosphere in the bar and indeed the rest of the hotel,all the staff seem genuinely happy in their work and eager to help with anything which i thought was brilliant to see. We didn't get to eat in the lobster pot restaurant but i took a walk through and a look at the menu and it all looked very impressive. I really can't say enough about this hotel. I have recommended it to many friends and family and everyone who has been raved about it.I will defiantly be returning to the hotel on my next visit to Galway.

Room Tip: I would advise booking a sea view room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Paul,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very pleased to see that you had such a very nice time with us.

You positive feedback is very encouraging and most welcome. I am really happy to see that you found the food you received to be on an excellent quality. I am delighted that you found the views to be excellent along with the team and service to be excellent also. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team whom are so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class service and product to all guests consistently.

Thank you again Paul and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the near future.
Best regards,
Dan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,526)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here for four nights last week. Really enjoyed the hotel. All the staff were friendly. Ate in the pub there and food was lovely, as was the Irish breakfasts in the Restaurant.

Saw a couple of weddings there and thought what a lovely venue.

I know they can't control the weather but if it hadn't rained every day it would have been perfect;
even so it was lovely sitting in the conservatory watching the rain.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 124 and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesmo
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear ‘Lesmo’,
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this feedback. I am very pleased to see that you had such a nice time even if the weather was not the best during your stay.

Your positive feedback regarding all on the team and the quality of the food you received for breakfast and dinner is most encouraging and I have passed this feedback on to all on the team – they pass on their gratitude to you.

You are quite correct – we are in a super location and we are a very popular wedding destination with wedding guests deciding to stay on both before and after the celebrations as one does certainly get the holiday feel whilst here.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here just this week with my daughter, having been here before some years ago from when it first opened. Firstly, I cannot fault the service, every single person we dealt with was pleasant and helpful. The bed was seriously the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The room was fine, but there was a little wear and tear starting to show in the bathroom; the toilet seat was not fixed in properly, the hot tap on the bath was cold water and the cold tap was hot water, there was a hole in the tiles near the toilet handle and there was flaking of the surround of the plughole in the sink. It was just a little disappointing. The meal we had as part of our deal in the Lobster Pot was delicious, apart from the tagliatelle, which was actually very bland and not at all pleasant and I ended up leaving half of it, having added lots of salt and pepper and some of the broccoli that came with my daughter's dish. We treated ourselves to breakfast in our room one day, but that was a huge disappointment. I think we may have been the last ones on the round to receive it and it was very sweaty, the scrambled eggs were pretty much all liquid and the toast was rubbery, however, the mushrooms, egg and sausages of the full irish were not too compromised and actually quite nice. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves, we had great weather :) Would give it another go for sure, perhaps it was just that it was not as posh as I remembered.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gori_g

Dear ‘Gori_g’,
Thank you for this feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very pleased to see that you had such a nice time whilst staying with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and I am also terribly upset to see that there were areas of your visit which did not live up to our normal standard offered to all guests. I would like to assure you that these have been addressed and collectively as a team we will be ensuring that there will not be a repeat with any future guests.

Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Short break with former work colleagues and their partners was excellent value all round. We also had a great nights dancing to the brilliant music of TR Dallas and on Monday we had a Free Tour of the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher courtesy of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear ‘artietess’,
Thank you for this feedback and thank you also for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel to host your reunion recently. your positive feedback is most welcome and also most encouaging. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed some of the complimentary activities which we provide for guests of the hotel. The dancing and the guided tours certainly are very popular along with all of the other activities which we provide. Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcomgin ou back again at some stage in te future. Kindest regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay at the hotel but we came here for the trad on the prom show. The lobster pot was very good. My dish was very fresh and the service was excellent. :) the hostess sat us at the table overlooking the promenade and it was just gorgeous. Enjoyed every part of the meal. :)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tracy,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for dinning here in our Lobster Pot Restaurant recently whilst attending the ‘Trad on the Prom’ show. I am delighted to see that you really enjoyed the quality of the food you received and also the views from the hotel. It certainly does seem as though the dinner and show packages which we offer are an excelelnt nights entertainment and they certainly are extremely popular. Thank you again Tracy and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some sage in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

A big thank you to all the staff of the Galw Bay Hotel. We had our daughter's Holy Comunionn reception there and it was truely fantastic. The little gifts and touches, such as the card, her name on the menue and the dessert, were super. The staff was excellent, as was the food, and we would like to say a special thank you to Paul O'Connor, our waiter, who was fantastic. He was very friendly and kind and our daugher was very fond of him. We highly recommend this hotel for any occasiom, be it a wedding or, like in our case, a comunionn. 5 stars, definitely.
M.I.King

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Isabela,
Thank you most sincerely for the 5 stars! Thank you for this wonderful review and thank you also for choosing to hold your very important family occasion here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am most pleased to see that your party but most especially your daughter had such a pleasant time.

A special occasion for you is most definitely a very special occasion fo all on the team here and we really enjoy providing the little extras and going above and behond to ensure that it is a truly memorable day for all. I am delighted that you enjoyed the card and the gifts and our pastry chef really enjoys piping the name in chocolate on the plate.. I am delighted that you found the staff to be excellent and Paul is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner by you through such a public medium. Thank you again for the 5 stars and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming your family back again at some stage in the future.
Best regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were there for easter break. We reached there at around 2pm but our room was not ready until about 3pm and it was very annoying to wait, more so because we were very tired after the long drive and were travelling with a baby.After the very distasteful start, when we reached the room and saw the beautiful view of the bay, we were quite relieved.
The breakfast was nice. The sleep quality was very good. We ordered dinner in our room. It took a couple of calls and some delay to finally receive it but they offered an apology and did not charge us for it.We ordered vegetarian and it was very tasty.
The bar is good, friendly staff and we asked for something outside of menu and they prepared it for us.
The pool is nice, we were there on both the evenings and my little one loved it but the way from changing room to pool was clogged with water(eeww!).
Also, they did not refill toiletries when the room was cleaned.
I would say it is a nice hotel minus some hiccups which they can definitely work on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and make reservation at the restaurant in advance if you plan to eat ther...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BharatYatri

Dear ‘BharatYatri’,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel during Easter last and thank you also for your feedback. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedack is most appreciated. I am terribly sorry to see that your room service order was delayed getting to your room and as a team, myself and the relevant management and staff have discussed this, we are very happy that this incident was a ‘one off’ and will not be an issue in the future. Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Warmest regards, Dan Murphy