“Midweek break”

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
“Midweek break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter for a three night break . Beautiful hotel overlooking Galway Bay. the food was great in the lobster pot restaurant staff friendly and helpful . Bedrooms were a good size clean and comfortable. We both gad lovely treatments in the spa .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Jacinta,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us recently whilst staying with your daughter. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Warm regards, Dan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Kilfenora, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a fabulous hotel, The staff were so friendly and helpful, The food in the Lobster Bar was absolutely fabulous. The dinner on the night of the party was also amazing, served really quickly and so tasty, the band were brilliant and entertaining. The rooms we were in had fabulous views over Galway Bay. All in all , we had a memorable time and will definitely be back. Could not recommend this hotel enough :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ‘EvCorry’,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel for your recent party. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and I have passed this on to all on the team. All are thrilled and pass on their gratitude to you. Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.
Best regards, Dan Murphy
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The food was great - the lobster pot restaurant lived up to the other reviews. Staff were excellent - everybody went out of their way to help. The view is wonderful. Unfortunately the rooms are a little dated, and we were in a room above the bar - so quite a challenge to get some sleep. All in all though a very enjoyable weekend.

Room Tip: Be as far away from the bar as possible!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Chris,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted to see that you had a very enjoyable weekend.

I am delighted to see that the quality of food you received was excellent and that the Lobster Pot Restaurant lived up to all of the other excellent reviews. It is also very encouraging to see that the all the staff were excellent and that everybody went out of their way to help – this is feedback which I receive on a daily basis from guests of the hotel. I am delighted also that you enjoyed the views from the hotel – they certainly are magnificent – I do hope that you had the opportunity to relax in one of our sea view lounges or conservatories and watch the sun go down on Galway Bay as the old and famous song goes!! We are refurbishing all of our bedrooms in January as part of our continuous refurbishment schedule. I am sorry to see that you experienced some noise in your bedroom. This certainly should not have been the case as we have a very structured approach to managing any potential noise throughout the hotel – I have not received any feedback similar to this in the recent past, however I will investigate this as a mater of urgency to ensure it is not an issue.

Thank you again Chris and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon. Sincerely, Dan Murphy
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I attended a wedding in this hotel. It was a fab experience. I stayed in the hotel next door (The Salthill Hotel). This is the first hotel I have attended that the reception dinner was excellent. The food was superb. The staff went that extra mile to facilitate all our needs. The bar and restaurant staff were excellent. I would recommend this hotel for all weddings.

Room Tip: Best wedding reception hotel I have ever attended.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louis F
Dear Louis,
Thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your recent experience whilst attending a wedding reception here in the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience while you were here.

Thankfully, we receive feedback such as this on a weekly basis for all of the food product we serve, but most especially for wedding receptions. Our Executive Chef Robbie and his brigade are so focused and motivated when it comes to producing top quality food consistently. I am delighted also that you found the restaurant and bar staff to be excellent. Thank you for recommending us to all.
Best regards, Dan Murphy
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Location is definitely an asset for this hotel as you are right on the boardwalk. The rooms were nice but the hotel seemed to be a little too busy. The service was average and was disappointed with the attention we received. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gary,
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted to see that you had a very pleasant time whilst staying here. I am sorry to see that the level of attention you received was not what you expected, if you would like to elaborate on this please feel free to drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com . Thank you sincerely, Dan Murphy.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Recently atteneted a charity event here at the galway bay....where do i begin?? Everything about the evening was really just effortless. The lobby looked stunning, all decorated for christmas. On check in Kamilla was so friendly and helpful with everything. I was sharing a room with two others, it was so spacious we could have brought the family!! It was so comfortable and warm. The event itself had a massive turnout of people but this was no problem to the staff who were so professional and efficent in dealing with all aspects of it. We had a buffet stlye dinner which was absoulutley delicious. As we had a late night we orderded room service in the morning and again was without fault!! The only downfall is that we didnt get to stay longer :(....definetly will be returning!!Ten out of ten :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
danmurph, Front Office Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear ‘Nukie88’,

Thank you most sincerely for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us. We receive approximately 220 pieces of guest feedback weekly at present and I have to say that the overwhelming majority of the feedback is a replica of your feedback.

It is very pleasing to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay – our aim is to exceed all of our guests expectations and it is lovely to read such high praise and recognition.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the Galway Bay Hotel in the future.

Sincerest regards, Dan Murphy
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I are just back from 2 days B&B in the Galway Bay Hotel. The room was fine, the bathroom was quite small and rather tired, the beds were very comfortable and the duvet was a very nice weight, not too heavy as is often the case in hotels. The corridors are oppressive as a result of the very low ceilings. The pool area is small but fine. We found access to the hotel rather strange, the main door and reception is at the back of the hotel and no allowance has been made for pedestrian access, while walking in and out of the hotel one must contend with all the cars etc driving through the carpark, there wasn't even a pedestrian gate at the perimeter that we could use. We really didn't like this especially at night and had I had children with me I would have been very concerned.
Check in was fine, speedy and pleasant. Breakfast was as expected with the usual array of hot and cold food.
While looking for a quiet corner in which to read, I noticed the piped music, it is playing in all the public areas, one tune playing the the cafe and a different tune in reception, we had also been aware of it while having breakfast - who are they playing this music for? the staff or the patrons, personally I don't know anybody who has ever said 'Oh the piped music was lovely', turn it off, it's awful. I was directed to the library to read in silence but there is a speaker on the ceiling just outside the doors to the library, blaring out the same piped music, so even in the library you cannot escape the noise.
Overall the hotel is OK, but just OK.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DublinKellygirl,

We have a very comprehensive Guest Feedback System and Guest Feedback Log here in the Galway Bay Hotel. I receive approximately 250 pieces of guest feedback each week, all uploaded onto the Guest Feedback log. These comments are received by way of guest comment card, letter, e-mail, guest questionnaire to a random amount of in house guests and guest questionnaire by way of follow on call to a random amount of recent past guests. As you can imagine there has been a large volume of guest feedback gathered and collated over the course of the last number of years. The overwhelming majority of this feedback is hugely positive and I have not had any negative regarding the background music. The reason for my delayed reply is because I focused both last weeks and also this weeks random guest questionnaires around the items you have mentioned and no other guest mentioned these as issues. In fact most guests were very complimentary regarding the in house background music saying that it added to the general atmosphere throughout the hotel. I merely mention these to outline that your experience is certainly not the norm and the exception to the rule here in the Galway Bay Hotel.
Warmest regards, Dan Murphy