“Excellent Hotel - very welcoming”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was my first time staying in the Galway Bay Hotel. I was travelling with family and was staying for only one night. The Hotel is very impressive with a very comfortable reception. The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. It is a great location to explore Salthill and Galway city.
Our room was lovely. Warm and bright. We had a triple room as I was travelling with my daughter and grandson. It was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable.
We had dinner in the Lobster pot restaurant in the evening. Our waiter, Andrew, was very attentive. The food was fantastic. I had scallops to start. They were cooked to perfection and very tasty. Followed by pork belly for main - again cooked to perfection. For desert I had Nouget parfait. Everything was really high standard. I would certainly dine here again and would recommend The Galway Bay to my friends.

I look forward to my next visit to Galway and the Galway Bay Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Anne,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you also for recommending us to all.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and I will ensure that this is uploaded on to our comprehensive guest comment log – where all guest feedback is stored and reviewed daily by all team members. We receive approximately 250 pieces of guest feedback on a weekly basis and I am delighted to say that the overwhelming majority is a replica of yours. Andrew is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner and he passes on his gratitude to you.

Thank you again Anne and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.
Warmest regards, Dan Murph

There are newer reviews for Galway Bay Hotel

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Not for the first time I stayed in Galway Bay Hotel for one night while traveling up the west coast. The hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable. I always find the large and impressive lobby so welcoming in the hotel, with the bar so traditional in style whilst friendly with always good Guinness. However one of the best aspects of this hotel is the hugely impressive Lobster Pot Restaurant. On this occasion I only ate breakfast here, and found the food and service very good. The hot food is always fresh even though on a buffet. I was served by Donal who was very friendly went over and beyond to ensure the food I received was fresh and pipping hot. I was checked in on arrival and out again by the same lady, Marie, who was very friendly and efficient. As always I enjoyed my stay with Galway Bay Hotel and look forward to my return soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear ‘haboybert’,

Thank you for this super review and thank you also for returning once again to the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted to see that you always have had a very pleasant time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging. Donal and Marie are both thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner and they both pass on their sincere gratitude to you – you have made their day! I am also thrilled that you have had such memorable experiences in our Lobster Pot Restaurant. I am receiving feedback such as this on a daily basis. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team of people whom are so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class food and service to all guests consistently.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Sincere regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a fabulous family holiday at the Galway Bay Hotel. There were 8 in our party ranging in age from 10 to 50 and the accommodations were perfect. The staff couldn't be more hospitable, helpful or welcoming. Patricia especially brightened our day with her friendly greeting every morning and an offer of help for anything we needed. She went out of her way to make our stay special.

The Galway Bay Hotel is in a great location and we did day trips to Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands and Connemara. Galway City Centre is about a 10 minute ride from the hotel. We will definitely be back!!

Stayed: November 2013

Dear ‘EEllenM’,

Thank you for this wonderful review and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel with your family recently. I am delighted that you had such a nice time with us.

Like your family, many people choose to use the Galway Bay Hotel as a base when touring the west of Ireland due to our location here on the promenade in Salthill, overlooking the famous Galway Bay and beautiful Clare Hills . We are at the gateway to Connemara whilst still being only walking distance to the centre of Galway city. I am delighted to see that the team here could not have been more hospitable and thank you for mentioning Patricia. She passes on her sincere gratitude to you and is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium.

Thank you again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.
Kindest regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed here with our travel group and the services could not have been better Great Food for Breakfast and dinner at a tremendous value, with its own Pub and spacious hospitality rooms. We were able to relax after a long day of Pub touring and sightseeing.

You can also go for a nice walk on the Salt Hill Promenade and visit a few pubs in walking distance or take a cab or bus to Galway.

And its a beautiful place to watch the sun rise and set as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Joe,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your views following on from your recent stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel. I am very happy to see that you had a most pleasant experience. Your feedback is a replica of the overwhelming majority of the feedback which I receive on a regular basis. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to take in a walk on our door step on the promenade here in Salthill; it certainly is very popular with hotel guests and locals alike. I am also thrilled to see that you enjoyed the great quality of food you received for both breakfast and dinner and that you also enjoyed the look, feel and general atmosphere in our main bar, this is also commented on very frequently.

Thank you again and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Warm regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed November 25, 2013

From the moment we arrived, it was all positive. Unfortunately, we had to rush through our dinners, but they were absolutely delicious, the nicest chips I have ever eaten. The room was warm, beautiful in every way,and the best was yet to come .... the breakfast. I have never seen such a selection & variety before. Staff couldn't have been more pleasant & helpful, and it was very keenly priced. A winner all round, we will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Mary,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your brief time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome, particularly regarding the excellent quality of food you received for breakfast and dinner and indeed the quality of the bedroom. I am also very encouraged to see that the staff couldn’t have been more helpful and friendly – this is feedback which I receive daily from hotel guests. Positive Personality is one of our main Core Values and all on the team have really bought into this – they really are a super team as you have experienced. I am delighted to see also that you found our pricing to be very keen and good value.

Warmest regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed November 25, 2013

After a long journey from Waterford I received a very friendly welcome but all done during a very efficient check in process.
Sea view room was a welcome bonus and could not fault the standard of the room.
Fantastic standard of food both at dinner and breakfast, I also enjoyed some pre dinner drinks in the very cosy and friendly bar.
I would have expected to pay more for hotel of this standard ....great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Niall,

Thank you for this wonderful review and thank you also for choosing to stay with us here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. Your positive feedback is most encouraging and most welcome. I am delighted to see that you found the standard of the bedroom to be very high along with the quality of food at both breakfast and dinner to be excellent. I am also vey happy to read that you found our hotel bar to be very cosy and friendly – we do receive feedback such as this consistently – in fact we are in the process of launching a new bar food menu in the next week or so and hopefully you will have opportunity to sample that on some occasion in the future.

Thank you again and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.
Kindest regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had my wedding here last August and cannot say enough about how perfect the hotel and its staff were. The staff made us and our guests feel like family and nothing was too much. We kept getting little extra treats and were fully expecting hidden charges and additions to the bill but this was not to be. From our wedding manager, to the waiting staff, to the reception team everyone was so friendly and understanding, especially when we basically took over the reception area the following day for tea and cake. The food was exceptional and everything was great value for money. Would highly recommend for a wedding or a weekend/night away, cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janna B

Dear Janna,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted to se that you had such a special and wonderful time here with us. Your positive feedback is most encouraging.

A very special day for you is most definitely a very special day for all on the team here in the Galway Bay Hotel. We really enjoy doing that little bit extra and going that extra mile to make it such a special occasion.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all of the extra treats – they do always go down very well with brides and grooms. All on the team here, particularly the wedding team certainly are excellent at their respective job and the feedback we receive consistently is a replica of your feedback.

Thank you again Jana and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again vey soon.

Sincerest regards, Dan Murphy