“Great Location, a little dated, would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great Location, a little dated, would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed for one night while in galway and definitely recommend it! Woke up in the morning to a beautiful sunny day and a great crowd out walking along the bay.

The hotel itself is a bit dated, but the price was about right based on the location and accompdations.

We stayed here instead of in the center of galway and are glad we did. If we hadn't, we would not have seen charming Salthill. The EUR 9 cab ride to town was easy.

• Stayed September 2013
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear ‘ktimmons001’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your brief time with us.

I am delighted that you found the price, the location and the accommodation to be very good and I am glad you enjoyed Salthill village also. I hope you took the opportunity to take a walk on the promenade right on our doorstep. We are a 15 year old hotel with a classical look and feel running throughout all areas. We have refurbished the hotel on a number of occasions during this fifteen year period and I am looking forward to doing so again this winter.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Beautiful location, handy for Galway, superb service and great food too. Really enjoyed our stay. Service continued even after we left - they forwarded my iPad charger without any problem! Great place. Highly recommended. Do take in the show too if you can. It is awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tony,

Thank you most sincerely for this super feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Your positive feedback is most encouraging and I will ensure that this is passed on to all on the team. Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Warmest regards,
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed as a group of 4 at the hotel on the trad on the prom special last week and were very impressed.

we arrived early but the staff professionally showed us to the conservatory area and made our rooms available as quickly as possible. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The meal with the show was taken in the converted café as they were very busy, but this had no impact on the service which was attentive, prompt and engaging. The show was exceptionally good although as previous people have commented the room layout means that there is no tiered seating so if you are seated at the back ( 7 rows only in front of stage) you do not get the full view of the talented dancers feet movement.

we will visit again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank steveandjenUk
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear ‘steveandjenuk’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome, particularly regarding the excellent service you received throughout your stay. I am delighted that you were able to attend the Trad on the Prom show – a festival of Irish song, dance and culture. This is a magnificent show and receives standing ovations nightly. The feedback regarding this show is quite phenomenal. I am also delighted that you chose to stay on a Trad on the Prom package which offers great value to hotel guests and as you know these packages can be booked on the hotel website.

Thank you once again and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights for a family wedding. The service was excellent and the meals were perfect. I particularly liked the beautiful peaceful walk along the promenade.
All our extended family had a wonderful time Thank you to all the staff involved.
Rita p

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rita P
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Rita,

Thank you most sincerely for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that your good self and all of your extended family had such a wonderful time whilst attending a family wedding.

I am delighted to see that you found the meals in the hotel to be perfect and the service excellent. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the beautiful walk along the sea front promenade which is on our doorstep. This is feedback which we receive on a daily basis from hotel guests.

Warm regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a super stay in this hotel. The staff were exceptional, probably the most professional staff I have ever encountered while staying in an Irish hotel. The rooms were excellent and we had a stunning view of Galway bay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view if possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tommy,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

I am delighted that you found the staff to be exceptional – to say that they are the most professional that you have found in any Irish hotel is a great compliment and very much appreciated. I am delighted also that you found the bedrooms to be excellent.

Thank you again and hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Sincere regards,
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent hotel - perfect rooms, friendly / helpful staff, nice restaurant, great bar. Overall a very enjoyable experience that I would definitely recommend. I travelled here on a work party with a group of 40 - the hotel were very accommodating to our group and everyone enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Siobhan T
Dear Siobhan,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here recently and thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that all in your work group really enjoyed their time here.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and very encouraging. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be excellent, the bedrooms perfect, the staff to be helpful and friendly and the bar great. This certainly is feedback which I receive very regularly.

Thank you again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards,
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a special request for two visiting Americans who I had booked into the hotel. Dan Murphy Manager of the Hotel pulled out all the stops for me, to create a good Irish welcome for these two special guests. They informed me their hotel room which overlooked Galway Bay was beautiful, the breakfast very tasty. We dined in the restaurant one of the evenings and the food and service was spot on. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at reception, My visitors were made feel very special that they decided to stay another 2 nights. So all in all Dan and all the Staff in The Gawlay Bay Hotel thank you for making my visitors stay one they will remember. They have promised to return.

Room Tip: Book early and request a room overylooking Galway Bay.. you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Margaret,

Thank you most sincerely for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel for your guests from overseas recently. I am delighted that they and indeed your good self enjoyed the time with us.

I certainly do remember chatting with you and it was only a pleasure for all of us here to look after your guests. I use feedback such as yours to aid me when it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team whom are so focused and motivated to perform to the highest level consistently – they certainly do make my job so much easier!

Thank you again Margaret and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again soon.

Warmest regards,