Galway Bay Hotel
$236
$161
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$150
$141
$199
$193
  • Restaurant
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$128
$124
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$155
$147
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$177
$268
$213
TripAdvisor
3,679 results
All reviewsgalway baythe lobster pot restaurantdan murphyharvest cafesea viewtop classkids clubwedding receptionwedding venueleisure centrewould highly recommend this hotelrestaurant stafffrom start to finishstaff were so friendlyfood was lovelyfantastic hotelgreat weekend
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Breakfast was excellent, hot food is served rather than buffet and this works out better and food was very fresh. Lovely views of the sea over breakfast, great variety. Rooms are big but very dated. Food in Cafe part wasn't nice so only ate there for lunch, short on variety and didn't look fresh or appetising. Staff are very helpful. 4 star might be stretching it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear ‘Mini30’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. Your positive feedback is most welcome and I will ensure that this is passed on to all on the team through our comprehensive customer feedback log.

We are a 14 year old hotel with a classical look and feel throughout all areas. This classical look and feel is commented on from guests of the hotel consistently in a very positive manner. We have remodeled and refurbished all areas of the hotel on a number of occasions since opening.

Our casual style dinning restaurant, Harvest Café is open from 11am until 6pm daily. We serve a full carvery lunch in Harvest daily with a choice of seven freshly prepared main course dishes, along with all types of baps, wraps, sandwiches and Panini’s all made to order. We also serve morning coffees and afternoon teas with an array of freshly baked scones, tarts and pastries. From 3pm each day in Harvest we have in operation our Harvest food menu – with a super choice of 16 dishes plus desserts to choose from, all listed on this menu. The menu and the food quality receive fantastic feedback consistently from both hotel residents and regular repeat local guests.

We are a four star hotel and operate at the top end of the four star category. Only recently we underwent our annual Failte Ireland inspection and once again received a 90% rating from Failte Ireland. We have been awarded ‘Best Four Star Hotel’ in Ireland on three occasions over the last ten years. This year we were the only hotel in Europe to receive the EFQM award - European Foundation for Quality Management; a hugely significant and prestigious accolade awarded by Failte Ireland and the European Centre of Competitiveness for excellence in all areas of the hotel. Also, last week it was announced that the Galway Bay Hotel once again received the highly sought after Delloite Best Managed Company Award – Gold level. We are one of only two hotel groups to receive this. I merely mention the above to point out that we most certainly are a four star hotel and operate at the top end of this market.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Our daughter gave my husband and I a romantic long weekend away for our 25th wedding anniversary to this lovely hotel for Valentines 2012....it was simply...WONDERFUL...In 2004 my husband and I were lucky enough to win a holiday to Dubai and we had a two night stay in the Burj Al Arab…..When we compare our stay in both hotels, we would stay that our stay in The Galway Bay Hotel was by far more relaxed, enjoyable and the staff more welcoming…of course the rooms could not be compared to each other as the Burj Al Arab was total opulence and superior comfort…a one of a kind experience, that’s not to say that the room in The Galway Bay Hotel was not to our liking, on the contrary it was lovely, comfortable, spacious and warm….would we return to The Galway Bay Hotel…of course, YES…a return to the Burj Al Arab…who knows…maybe we’ll win a stay there again some time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear ‘Orla1965’,

Wow – what a wonderful review! To be mentioned in the same breath as the world famous, Burj Al Arab in Dubai is the most wonderful of compliments… Thank you for this super feedback and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the warm, comfortable hotel is most encouraging and I use feedback such as yours to aid me when it comes to encouraging and motivating the team to perform to the highest level consistently. I am so lucky to have such a super team who are so focused when it comes to delivering this highest level of service consistently. They certainly do make my job so much easier!

Thank you once again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We celebrated our wedding anniversary quietly in Galway Bay Hotel. We have stayed on a couple of occassions which were excellent , however, this was the best ever. We received complimentary deserts and two glasses of excellent champagne to toast our celebration. . The service was extremely good and the quality of food and beverage matched the service.If anyone is considering this hotel , just book it , it is fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ‘Peter J’,

Thank you most sincerely for returning to the Galway Bay Hotel to celebrate your recent anniversary and thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay.

Your positive feedback is most encouraging and very rewarding to all on the team. A special occasion for any guest is a special occasion for us here in the hotel and we really enjoy marking the occasion in a very small way. I am delighted that you found the service and food quality to be extremely good. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Galway Bay Hotel. We stayed once before on a bus trip a few years ago and decided to return. We were only going to stay one night, but it was just so lovely we stayed a second. The room and view were beautiful, and the restaurant was fantastic, but the staff were the best part. Everyone from the front desk attendants to the restaurant hosts and servers to the cleaning staff were so friendly and helpful. Patricia met us in the restaurant during breakfast (which is quite the spread) and very generously offered to have sandwiches made up for us for our trip home. It was a lovely end to our stay in Galway, and we will be sure to return during our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2013
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear ‘Gallaghercoll’,

Thank you most sincerely for returning to the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you once again enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the hotel, the bedroom, the team working here and the food is very encouraging and most welcome. I have passed on this feedback to all on the team and all pass on their gratitude to you. You mention Patricia and you have made her day! She is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and passes on a heartfelt thank you.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in the galway bay hotel at the end of February. Our room was very spacious and clean. Every member of staff we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotels location is perfect and the views are really beautiful. The only problem we encountered was with the heating system in the hotel. It was a very cold weekend but we never expected that it would affect our comfort in
Our room. The heating continually went off leaving us in a freezing cold room. On inquiring with reception they advised us that they were in fact controlling the heating in our room and that leaving the thermostat at 21 degrees was a pointless exercise. They apologised and put our heating back on.however we were both awake at four o clock the next morning in yet again a freezing cold room.we contacted reception and the night porter put the heat on again. This is hardly what one should expect from a four star hotel.I wrote a very detailed account of this problem on the comment sheet and gave my mobile phone number but unfortunately to date I have received no contact from the management of the hotel. Will not be returning and will not recommend the hotel to any friends or family.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Daemjamo

Dear 'Daemjamo',

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway and thank you for your feedback.

Your positive feedback is most encouraging however I am terribly disappointed to read about the issue you encountered. May I apologise to you most sincerely and I would like to assure you that this is definately not the normal standard of service we strive to offer any guest of the Galway Bay Hotel.

We are after enduring a very cold January and February and I would like to assure you that I have not received any negative feedback from other any guest regarding heating in the bedrooms or indeed throughout the hotel. I merely mention this to point out that this is a one off
isolated incident and is certainly not the norm at any time. I respond personally to all comments recieved from guests as you can see here on trip advisor. I would welcome the oportunity to liaise with you in person - please feel free to drop a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com.
Looking forward to hopefully hearing from you soon and hopefully regaining your confidence withus here in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Warm regards,