“Weekend at Galway Bay Hotel”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I brought a group of 28 Bridge players to the Galway Bay Hotel on the 15th to 17th Feb 2013.
All participants without exception were very pleased with the Staff, their rooms and the hospitality
and welcome they received.They particularly liked their meals and the friendly welcome from the
Restaurant staff and the reception staff. Most were unfamiliar with the Hotel and commented very
favourably on the Hotel quality, the facilities and the wonderful views of Galway Bay . Many
suggested having our next Bridge weekend in the same Hotel next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view on first or second floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gerard C
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear ‘Gerard C’,

Thank you for this super feedback and thank you also, most sincerely for choosing to bring your bridge group here to the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you had such a super time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding all aspects of the hotel is most welcome and I will ensure that all on the team are made aware of your thoughts. We host numerous groups of different numbers and sizes for all types of activity breaks – Bridge being one and the feedback I receive from all is super regarding our location, on the promenade with the sea front walks on our doorstep, the award winning food quality, the range of activities and the friendliness of the staff.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Galway Bay Hotel

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We ate both lunch and breakfast. My Niece had treated me to a stay at your Hotel as a retirement present. I loved the old world charm and the enterance to the Foyer was so inviting.
Breakfast was Divine and the selection was amazing
The views out the window, breathtaking , all the staff were really nice and smiling
Will definitely be returning again. I have told all my retired friends of this wonderful getaway so close to where we live.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear ‘Mary C’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here and your feedback is a replica of the numerous amounts of feedback we receive on a daily and weekly basis. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to all on the team. Thank you again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We held our Wedding Reception here so were both looking forward to returning - eventhough it was only for an overnight, We were welcomed and checked in very promply by lovely staff at reception. Our room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable. The location of the Hotel is just great, We went for a lovley walk along the Prom or if preferred there is a leisure centre in the Hotel (We didnt use this time ) The Hotel was very busy with Families as it was Mid Term Break, but this didnt seem to phase the Staff, By all accounts it appears to be a very Family Friendly Hotel, with a Kids Club to keep the youngsters occupied.
Breakfast was lovley and plentyful,Staff were on hand for anything we needed and service was great.
Overall we would recommend this Hotel and have no hesitation returning.

Room Tip: Underground car park spaces are a bit tight on space, but handy for getting the lift to reception or...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear ‘DELLAO’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel to hold your wedding reception and indeed for returning to us recently whilst visiting Galway. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding our location, the bedroom, the great service and the super food is most welcome and I will ensure that I pass this on to all on the team. Thank you for recommending us to all and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My h ubby booked this as a birthday and valentine break , hotel is in the best location just across from the beautifull beach , Check in was quick and we where given directions to our room , now this hotel is not modern but the staff and cleaniness is out wayed by this there where all ages staying here from families to romantic couples like ourselves to elderly couples . our room was very comfortable and i had asked to have a little bit of a sea view which we got so many thanks for that. We had dinner in the restaurant on valentines night which was amazing ansd bar food was equally as good . the only let down i had was a little disapointed with the leisure center pool was small as was the gym facilities and the changing room was tiny with such a big hotel this was a little disapointing as there was a lot of children in the pool which found it hard to have a relaxing swim in such a small area , this hotels staff are the best i have ever come across they really cannot do enough for you and want to make your stay as fab as possible so i would deffo return to the beautifull galway bay hotel.

Room Tip: try ask for a partial sea view as most you have to pay extra for

Dear ‘madmom7’,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

To say that the staff here are the ‘best you have ever come across’ is the ultimate compliment to all on the team and I know that all will be thrilled when I pass on your feedback. I am delighted also that you found the quality of food in our Lobster Pot Restaurant and our Main Bar to be amazing. We have a super team of chefs who are so focused and passionate when it comes to preparing the highest quality of food consistently. They really are all super!

Hopefully you both will have the opportunity to return to the Galway Bay Hotel at some stage in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had a wonderful 5 nights in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Everybody was so helpful, the room and the view were great.

I would highly recommend it and I am going back there in March.

The presentation of the foods at Breakfast was excellent and the quality of the goods in my room was fantastic.

It is well worth trying this hotel to see how good it is.

Clare

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Clare1927

Dear ‘Clare1927’,

Thank you for this super review and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently for our February Bowls Break. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your feedback is most encouraging and very similar to the general feedback which I receive on a daily basis. I will pass this on to all on the team and all will be thrilled. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in March.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a hotel!!!! the wife and myself booked in at the Galway Bay Hotel from Sunday the 3rd to the 8th February it was a 5 night indoor bowling week. First thing to say was we had never played indoor bowls before and we were a bit apprehensive about going as we were on our own and would not have known anyone playing. My wife had no bowls but when we book the hotel the girl taking the booking told us not to worry everthing would be supplied and it was. Sunday evening both of us went to the restaurant for dinner, we were meet by a very friendly lady who asked us were we part of the bowling group and showed us to one of three large tables we sat down beside a man who introduced himself to us, we discovered he was the person who organised the bowling in the hotel. There were people from Cork, Northern Ireland and other parts of the country who treated us as if they knew us all their lives and that was how the week went it was just a whirlwind of a week there was something laid on in the hotel each night. In case I forget it the wife even got time to go into Galway City to shop!!!! The food was excellent, the staff came across as if they were all part of a family and treated us as one of their family and went that extra mile. The apprehension was rapidely forgotton and it ended up been an action packed week, that was very enjoyable beyond our wildest dreams and made a lot of new friends. I would highly recommend this hotel for its Excellence of service and value ....Gerry

Dear ‘Gerard M’,

Thank you for this fantastic review and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on our recent Bowls activity break. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hold customized activity breaks very often and guests come from far and wide to take part in the Bowls breaks, Bridge breaks, Walking breaks and others which all include an array of activities such as wine tastings, bingo competitions, tables quiz competitions, cookery demonstrations and more. The feedback I receive back is very similar to yours.

Thank you once again most sincerely and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in the Galway bay hotel on Sunday the 10 of feb 2013 and from the time you walk in to this hotel you are made to feel like you are the only guest there every staff member had a smile which makes you feel great they can not do enought for you I did not want to leave I don't write on these web sites normally but I had to with this hotel they did not go the extra mile they made sure and whent an extra 500 miles can not say enough I will be back for sure love it

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear ‘Alanjames2013’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

All on the team are delighted to view your comments and pass on their sincere gratitude to you. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.