“"Great Location"”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Ireland
“"Great Location"”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We held our Wedding Reception here so were both looking forward to returning - eventhough it was only for an overnight, We were welcomed and checked in very promply by lovely staff at reception. Our room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable. The location of the Hotel is just great, We went for a lovley walk along the Prom or if preferred there is a leisure centre in the Hotel (We didnt use this time ) The Hotel was very busy with Families as it was Mid Term Break, but this didnt seem to phase the Staff, By all accounts it appears to be a very Family Friendly Hotel, with a Kids Club to keep the youngsters occupied.
Breakfast was lovley and plentyful,Staff were on hand for anything we needed and service was great.
Overall we would recommend this Hotel and have no hesitation returning.

Room Tip: Underground car park spaces are a bit tight on space, but handy for getting the lift to reception or...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear ‘DELLAO’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel to hold your wedding reception and indeed for returning to us recently whilst visiting Galway. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding our location, the bedroom, the great service and the super food is most welcome and I will ensure that I pass this on to all on the team. Thank you for recommending us to all and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage again in the future.

Best regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Polish first
ireland
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My h ubby booked this as a birthday and valentine break , hotel is in the best location just across from the beautifull beach , Check in was quick and we where given directions to our room , now this hotel is not modern but the staff and cleaniness is out wayed by this there where all ages staying here from families to romantic couples like ourselves to elderly couples . our room was very comfortable and i had asked to have a little bit of a sea view which we got so many thanks for that. We had dinner in the restaurant on valentines night which was amazing ansd bar food was equally as good . the only let down i had was a little disapointed with the leisure center pool was small as was the gym facilities and the changing room was tiny with such a big hotel this was a little disapointing as there was a lot of children in the pool which found it hard to have a relaxing swim in such a small area , this hotels staff are the best i have ever come across they really cannot do enough for you and want to make your stay as fab as possible so i would deffo return to the beautifull galway bay hotel.

Room Tip: try ask for a partial sea view as most you have to pay extra for
Dear ‘madmom7’,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

To say that the staff here are the ‘best you have ever come across’ is the ultimate compliment to all on the team and I know that all will be thrilled when I pass on your feedback. I am delighted also that you found the quality of food in our Lobster Pot Restaurant and our Main Bar to be amazing. We have a super team of chefs who are so focused and passionate when it comes to preparing the highest quality of food consistently. They really are all super!

Hopefully you both will have the opportunity to return to the Galway Bay Hotel at some stage in the future.

Kind regards,
Cork
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had a wonderful 5 nights in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Everybody was so helpful, the room and the view were great.

I would highly recommend it and I am going back there in March.

The presentation of the foods at Breakfast was excellent and the quality of the goods in my room was fantastic.

It is well worth trying this hotel to see how good it is.

Clare

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Clare1927
Dear ‘Clare1927’,

Thank you for this super review and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently for our February Bowls Break. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your feedback is most encouraging and very similar to the general feedback which I receive on a daily basis. I will pass this on to all on the team and all will be thrilled. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in March.

Warmest regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a hotel!!!! the wife and myself booked in at the Galway Bay Hotel from Sunday the 3rd to the 8th February it was a 5 night indoor bowling week. First thing to say was we had never played indoor bowls before and we were a bit apprehensive about going as we were on our own and would not have known anyone playing. My wife had no bowls but when we book the hotel the girl taking the booking told us not to worry everthing would be supplied and it was. Sunday evening both of us went to the restaurant for dinner, we were meet by a very friendly lady who asked us were we part of the bowling group and showed us to one of three large tables we sat down beside a man who introduced himself to us, we discovered he was the person who organised the bowling in the hotel. There were people from Cork, Northern Ireland and other parts of the country who treated us as if they knew us all their lives and that was how the week went it was just a whirlwind of a week there was something laid on in the hotel each night. In case I forget it the wife even got time to go into Galway City to shop!!!! The food was excellent, the staff came across as if they were all part of a family and treated us as one of their family and went that extra mile. The apprehension was rapidely forgotton and it ended up been an action packed week, that was very enjoyable beyond our wildest dreams and made a lot of new friends. I would highly recommend this hotel for its Excellence of service and value ....Gerry

Dear ‘Gerard M’,

Thank you for this fantastic review and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on our recent Bowls activity break. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hold customized activity breaks very often and guests come from far and wide to take part in the Bowls breaks, Bridge breaks, Walking breaks and others which all include an array of activities such as wine tastings, bingo competitions, tables quiz competitions, cookery demonstrations and more. The feedback I receive back is very similar to yours.

Thank you once again most sincerely and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in the Galway bay hotel on Sunday the 10 of feb 2013 and from the time you walk in to this hotel you are made to feel like you are the only guest there every staff member had a smile which makes you feel great they can not do enought for you I did not want to leave I don't write on these web sites normally but I had to with this hotel they did not go the extra mile they made sure and whent an extra 500 miles can not say enough I will be back for sure love it

• Stayed February 2013
Dear ‘Alanjames2013’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

All on the team are delighted to view your comments and pass on their sincere gratitude to you. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were with a group of about 30 people and couldn't have been more impressed. Great settiing and very romantic. The most comfortable bed on our whirlwind trip. The best part was being welcomed by Barbara in the dining room, it was like your best friend welcoming you into her home. Don't miss the braised beef, the best meal we had in Ireland! I want to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank June W
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear ‘June W’,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your views with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here.

Your positive feedback is most encouraging and I am delighted to see that you mention the comfort of the bed. During our recent refurbishment program we spent a lot of time researching the most comfortable bed in the marketplace and our numerous repeat and return guests have nicknamed this bed the ‘heavenly bed’ due to it being so comfortable. You mention our Assistant Manager Barbara personally and she is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium; she receives this level of feedback regularly from hotel guests and we are so lucky to have her infectious personality around the hotel – she certainly does lead by example.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked the Galway bay hotel for my hen party of 22 from London and Dublin after reading previous reviews on trip advisor. I stay on average 60 nights a year in hotels for work so have a lot to compare this hotel too.

From the moment we all arrived we were warmly welcomed and check in was hassle free considering there was so many of us, not an easy feat! Throughout or stay the hotel staff ensured we were happy and couldn't have made me feel more special as the hen. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was outstanding. I only wish I could have gone for the lobster in the tank! But alas pregnancy wouldn't allow ahahahahah.

I can't rate this hotel highly enough and if you are looking for a warm Irish welcome then this is the hotel for you. My hubby to be are planning to return in the summer.

Thanks Galway bay hotel for making my hen party so perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view stunning
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ‘Donna3980’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel when visiting Galway for your recent hen party. Thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the hotel staff and the quality of food you received is most welcome and hugely encouraging from my point of view. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all through our comprehensive guest feedback system and I will personally thank all on your behalf. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team here – they certainly do make my job so much easier!

Thank you again most sincerely and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Warmest regards,