“Amazing hotel with the best staff”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked the Galway bay hotel for my hen party of 22 from London and Dublin after reading previous reviews on trip advisor. I stay on average 60 nights a year in hotels for work so have a lot to compare this hotel too.

From the moment we all arrived we were warmly welcomed and check in was hassle free considering there was so many of us, not an easy feat! Throughout or stay the hotel staff ensured we were happy and couldn't have made me feel more special as the hen. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was outstanding. I only wish I could have gone for the lobster in the tank! But alas pregnancy wouldn't allow ahahahahah.

I can't rate this hotel highly enough and if you are looking for a warm Irish welcome then this is the hotel for you. My hubby to be are planning to return in the summer.

Thanks Galway bay hotel for making my hen party so perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view stunning
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear ‘Donna3980’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel when visiting Galway for your recent hen party. Thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the hotel staff and the quality of food you received is most welcome and hugely encouraging from my point of view. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all through our comprehensive guest feedback system and I will personally thank all on your behalf. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team here – they certainly do make my job so much easier!

Thank you again most sincerely and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Galway Bay Hotel

Reviewed February 11, 2013

From arrival to departure the entire experience was fantastic. Great staff, they couldn't do enough to help and advise on things to do and where to go. We stayed 2 nights and had breakfast and dinner...the restaurant...the lobster pot...was very welcoming and the chef did the hotel proud. the lemon drizzle cake and Rhubarb Pie are a must try in the Cafe. Breakfast was fresh and well presented. The staff were available at anytime to fulfill your needs. Plenty of floor staff so we were never left waiting. The hotel bar was warm and ambient with a live band on the saturday night. We used the beauty treatment facilites along with the leisure facilities. All highly recommened for a lazy day in the hotel. Swedish and hot stone massage comes highly recommended to destress. All in all the facilities were as you expect for a 4 star hotel but what made the entire break was the welcoming nature of the staff and the fantastic high standard of hospitality. We will definitely be returning to use this hotel for any firther visits to galway!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally as good as each other. You cannot get a bad room!

Dear ‘NiamhM84’,

Wow – what a super review! Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for taking the time and effort to share your feedback.

Your positive feedback regarding all aspects of your stay is most welcome. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team who are so motivated and passionate when it comes to delivering top class service and product to guests consistently.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in the Galway Bay in June 2012. We found the facilities at the hotel to be very good and the staff were very friendly. We were on a deal of 2 B & B and one dinner. The dinner was excellent. The leisure centre was quite small but this would not be a problem in summer when the weather is fine as the beach is right in front of the hotel. The decor of the hotel was a bit dated and could do with a refresh... The staff were lovely....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear ‘jackmario’,

Thank you for sharing yours views with us and thank you also most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and your feedback regarding the food quality and the very friendly staff have been passed on to all. There is a classical look and feel running throughout the entire hotel and it’s warm, homely feel is commented on in a most positive manner very regularly. The hotel has been refurbished in its entirety over the course of the past three years.

Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Galway Bay with my son and I just could not find a fault in any area of this superb hotel.

The also have some fantastic children's facilities and activities and my son is still raving about it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear ‘Andrew M’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful time with us and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all on the team.

Your positive feedback regarding the helpful and friendly staff, the first class food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the high level of cleanliness throughout the hotel is most welcome. I am delighted to see your feedback regarding our facilities for children and that your son enjoyed the children’s activities. Our Penguin Kids Camp runs nine hours of children’s entertainment daily providing interactive activities and competitions for children. Also included in this camp is children’s meal time including healthy options and healthy snacks such as fruit etc at specific times also.

Thank you again for your feedback and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel soon.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Was home recently with my mother and a friend and decided to spend two nights in Galway city. A cousin recommended the Galway Bay and I can’t thank her enough for that recommendation! From the minute we arrived, we were pampered and spoilt rotten. We decided on the family room and it was absolutely lovely. It was spotless clean with tons of room and a gorgeous view. The breakfast was also huge and delicious! Every time we met any of the staff, they were friendly and could not have been more helpful. Regrets? Yeah - that we didn’t spend ALL our nights at the Galway Bay Hotel. It really was simply excellent! Make sure you check it out, folks, you will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: the family room is HUGE so would recommend it for families or larger groups. Value was excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear ‘Deirdre D’,

Thank you sincerely for this wonderful review and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that your cousin recommended us to you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Your positive feedback regarding the lovely spotlessly clean bedroom, the super view, the breakfast and the helpful friendly staff is most welcome and I will ensure that it is passed on to all via our comprehensive guest feedback system. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have just returned today from a bowling break at the Galway Bay Hotel. After spending 5 nights there I just could not find a fault in any area of this superb hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly, the cleanliness of the whole hotel was excellent and the food ,from breakfast, the lunch and the dinner in the evening was first class with particular mention of the presentation of the dinner. The opinion of all the bowling parties who attended was a definite yes to returning to one of the hotels next bowling breaks. Well done Galway Bay and i hope to see you all very soon.

Room Tip: Bowlers who want a perfect holiday with plenty of bowling thrown in should avail of this venue

Dear ‘bowlerEnniskillen’,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you had such a super time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding all aspects of the hotel is most welcome and a delight to read. All on the team pass on their sincere gratitude to you. It is the ultimate compliment to see that you will be returning for one of our upcoming bowls breaks. As you know we provide all day competition, afternoon activities, such as wine tastings, bingo competitions and table quiz’s along with nightly music and dancing. We will be thrilled to welcome you all back and look forward to our next bowling break in March.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed for two nights and we were looked after very well. Service was excellent, Friendly and helpful staff cant do enough for you. Delicious food; evening meal was top class and good value. Excellent views overlooking the prom

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ‘Mary B’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your super feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the excellent service, friendly and helpful staff, delicious top class food and excellent views is most welcome. I receive approximately 200 pieces of guest feedback on a weekly basis from guests of the hotel and I have to say that the overwhelming majority is an exact replica of your feedback.

Thank you again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,