“Spectacular Seas - Splendid Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Castledermot
“Spectacular Seas - Splendid Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I spent the last four days of January, 2013 in The Galway Bay Hotel in Salthill.Our initial unhappiness - later,easily explained - was spotted by the perceptive Patricia (we had not complained) who ensured complete compensation for the remainder of our stay.
Sublime sleeps,brilliant breakfasts,delicious dining and fantastic friendliness ensured that we enjoyed a wonderful winter break. The "spectacular seas" added to the pleasure of these deep midlanders who marvelled at the wondrous waves crashing over the Salthill promenade!
Apologies for the alarming attack of acute alliteration in this review.Blame it on Galway's long literary lore or on my well-thumbed thesaurus.Our first visit to Galway Bay Hotel certainly won't be our last!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear ‘Ken S’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your very valued feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us both within the hotel and indeed whilst walking on the promenade on our doorstep. I am delighted that you will be back to us again in the future.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and very much appreciated. I use feedback such as yours to aid me when motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team who are so focused and passionate when it comes to delivering this top class service. You mention Patricia in person; she is thrilled and passes on her sincere gratitude – you have made her day!

Thank you again Ken and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Warm regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here on business and used the conference facilities. Very helpful and courteous staff, especially Patricia who was helpful and willing to help in any way possible. The food in the was of high quality and well priced.
Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear 'mike e',

Thank you sincerely for choosing to use the Galway Bay Hotel recently whilst in Galway on business. Thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I am thrilled to see that you will be staying with us when visiting Galway again.

We do have a large volume of repeat corporate guests who use us quite frequently. Whilst staying they avail of our complimentary wifi service throughout the hotel, our business centre and our complimentary 'printme' facility - a facility where your documents can be printed from your
laptop through to our printers at the hotel reception by entering a specific code into your pc. These are very popular as are other initiatives which we have in place for the corporate guest. If you have not done so already please enquire about our corporate loyalty scheme the next time
you pass through reception.

You mention Patrica in person. She is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and passes on her sincere gratitude to you.

Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Milton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Cannot tell you enough how much we loved the Glaway Bay Hotel! We're just back from a short holiday from Boston back to visit family and friends in Ireland. We decided that we wanted to be near the city for a day/night stay in order to shop and socialize. We loved the Galway Bay so much that we decided to spend another night there! Not only is extremely convenient to Salthill and Galway City, it is extremely clean, the views are fabulous, the food is delicious--breakfast was incredible--, the wine selction is great, the public spaces were very inviting and comfortable, the staff were firendly and accomodating, parking was free and plentiful.Despite the fact that I was traveling without my children, as a mother of 5, I have to say that the family rooms are fantastic! Large and comfortable, they can easily accomodate a family with children which is rare in Ireland. Can't say enough good...be sure to give it a try!

Room Tip: Take the family room if you're traveling with kids or a group of friends, ask for a bay view roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear ‘Heather C,’

Wow - What a review!! Thank you most sincerely and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently.

All on the team are thrilled to read your feedback and all have requested that I pass on our sincere gratitude to you – you really have made all of our day. Of course we do receive feedback similar to yours on a very regular basis. I do hope that you had the opportunity to sit and relax in one of our sea view lounges or sea view conservatories and ‘watch the sun go down on Galway Bay’ as the old and famous song goes. This certainly is a favourite pastime of our numerous repeat and return guests.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back at some stage in the future.

Best regards,
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

stayed here last weekend, we had a lovely time, the rooms were very nice and were lovely and warm. The food was great although we only had the bar food will try the restaurant next time the breakfast was amazing with great choices and plenty to eat, the reception staff was very pleasant as were the staff in the An Scadan Caoc bar and harvest cafe. Overall all staff and management were very welcoming, anyone looking for a great hotel on the promenade overlooking the sea this is an excellent choice, you will enjoy your time there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noel L
Dear ‘nleric’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the great food, the very pleasant and welcoming staff and great location is most welcome and I have to say it is a replica of the vast amounts of feedback I receive on a daily basis. I use feedback such as yours to aid me when it comes to encouraging and motivating the team to perform to the highest level when it comes to delivering top class service to all hotel guests consistently.

Thank you again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again in the future.

Kindest regards,
Navan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I can highly recommend this hotel especially for weddings we had a great experience in Dec at my sons wedding. The staff were friendly efficient and very helpful. Rooms and accomadation excellent. It is also very child orantated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear ‘Marie S’,

Thank you sincerely for this super review. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time whilst attending your sons wedding reception.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and very similar to the feedback I receive on a daily basis from hotel guests. Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Warmest regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I returned here 5yrs after we had the best wedding reception ever and the hotel is still amazing. We got a really great welcome with a bottle of prosecco and deserts to welcome us back and congrats for our upcoming new arrival. We had dinner in the bar and I had a yen for fish and chips and they were fantastic. My husband had what he termed as the best burger he ever ate. The hotel room was so comfortable. The breakfast the following morning was delicious and there was loads of it. All in all the one night was as relaxing as if we had been away for a week. The staff were all so nice, friendly and welcoming and I can't thank them enough for making our stay so wonderful (",)

• Stayed January 2013
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear 'Marokell',

Thank you most sincerely for returning to the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this superb feedback. I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the fantastic quality of food you recieved, the comfortable bedroom, the delicious breakfast and the friendly and welcoming staff is most rewarding to see and I have to say that this is a replica of the huge volumes of feedback I receive on a
daily basis. We were delighted to be able to mark your return to the Galway Bay Hotel in a small way and we are thrilled that we made it so special for you.

Wishing you both all the very best in the future and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

From the second we arrived the staff were fantastic, our room was a bit dated but when you consider all other aspects were so good we overlooked this, the hotel is not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Did not eat in the restaurant but did in the bar food was very good and the service was great.
Will be back during the summer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael H
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear ‘Michael H’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I am delighted that you plan to return during the summer period.

Your positive feedback regarding the staff, the hotel, the quality of the food you received and the very good quality of service is very encouraging and most welcome. I will ensure that I pass on your feedback to all on the team. The hotel bedrooms were refurbished just three years ago. There is a classical look and feel which runs through all of the hotel bedrooms and indeed the whole hotel which is remarked upon very positively consistently.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage over the summer period.