“Felt like a VIP”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Felt like a VIP”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

From the minute we walked into this hotel, I felt like we were someone special. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Our room overlooked the bay, and what a view! We ate in the Lobster restaurant on our first night. The food was delicious and the service great. I really could not fault a thing. I'm pregnant and had an ice cream craving(surprise, surprise) so we ordered room service the next night, and even though the kitchen was officially closed, they obliged me. Its the above and beyond hospitality that makes this hotel great. I used the leisure center on our first day and the lady their (Anna, I think) gave me some great tips on stretching for pregnancy in the pool. I am leaving there knowing I will be back and I will highly recommend it to all my family and friends. Thank you to Dan and your wonderful team!!

1 Thank Gris1106
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear ‘Gris106’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway. Thank you also for this super review. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the friendly and helpful team giving excellent service, our location with the super view of the bay, the delicious food and great service in our Lobster Pot Restaurant and the above and beyond hospitality is most rewarding to all on the team. I use feedback such as yours to aid me when it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team who are so passionate and driven to deliver top class service consistently. Anna is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and passes on a heartfelt thank you – you have made her day!

Thank you for recommending us to all and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel at some stage in the future.

Best regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Galway Bay on Saturday night 5th Jan. We were given a lovely room and had an excellent stay from start to finish. The staff were very professional and breakfast was excellent. Unfortunately, we didn't get to the restaurant for dinner this time around but based on our previous experience it is excellent. We're both looking forward to a return!

Dear ‘Farraway1’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway and thank you also for this super review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the very professional staff, the excellent breakfast and the lovely bedroom is most welcome. Stating that it was an excellent stay from start to finish is most rewarding to all on the team. I am delighted that you have enjoyed dinner in our Lobster Pot Restaurant in the past and it is a shame that you did not have the pleasure of dining there on this occasion. The feedback I am receiving regarding the food quality and the standard of service is consistently fantastic and there is great credit due to Executive Chef Gavin and his team and indeed to Restaurant Manager Paul and his team – they are all super and all so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently – they do certainly make my job so much easier!!

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again in the future.

Kindest regards,
Dublin
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel ticked all the boxes for me. The surroundings were beautiful and the food was excellent. I would recommend it to anybody. I had a wonderful relaxing time. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Dear ‘TommoandJako’,

Thank you for this super feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here with us.

Your positive feedback is most rewarding to all on the team and all have requested that I pass on to you a sincere thank you. All are delighted that you had a wonderfully relaxing time.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited the restaurant in the Galway Bay Hotel on New Years Eve and I cannot compliment the food and staff enough.

The menu available has a great variety and is great value. I would recommend the fish for main course. I could not fault the food in any way, it was beautifully presented and tasted gorgeous.

We were served by Marcela who was so welcoming and friendly. The Restaurant Manager Brian came down to welcome us and was very attentive to all our needs.

I would highly recommend a trip to the Lobster Pot, perfect for a special occasion or if you just want gorgeous food and a bit of pampering, you will find it all here.

It is very reasonably priced for the food you are getting and we have paid alot more for terrible food.

I will be going back soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘Katg7’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to eat in our Lobster Pot Restaurant recently and thank you also for his excellent feedback. I am delighted to see that you had such a lovely time. It will give me great pleasure to review this feedback with both the culinary brigade and the Restaurant service team.

I am delighted that you found our menu to have great value and have great variety and that the food was beautifully presented and tasted gorgeous. Thankfully our Lobster Pot Restaurant is consistently very busy, serving 262 people on the night you dined and on examining our guest feedback log I can see that all of the other feedback received is a replica of yours. In fact, the feedback is consistently similar to your feedback.

Thank you for mentioning Marcella and Brian personally. They are thrilled to have been mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium; you have made their day and I am so lucky to have wonderful people here in the Galway Bay Hotel who are so focused and passionate when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently. They certainly do make my job so much easier!

Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Lobster Pot soon.

Warm regards,
Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here straight after Christmas for three lovely nights. Location was excellent and hotel was beautiful. Rooms spotless. Beautiful views. Very relaxing stay. Ate in both restaurant and bar and food was fantastic.Great selection for breakfast. Room service also very efficient. Enjoyed a treatment in their very well priced salon. Only downside was the leisure centre. Would have enjoyed a jacuzzi if available. Pool extremely small, bit disappointed but everything else was great. Would recommend, very well located for touring the West of Ireland. Would def stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tracey C,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your brief time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the beautiful hotel, excellent location with beautiful views, spotless bedrooms and fantastic food quality is most rewarding. All of the team have requested that I pass on to you a heartfelt thank you. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful; food was quite tasty. Nice pub located in hotel. Rooms clean. Beautiful view overlooking Galway Bay. Favored place for small conventions, retirees, youth groups. Convenient to town and bus line. One afternoon had a wine tasting in lobby; another, tea. I would stay there again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Ann,

Thank you for this super feedback and thank you also most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your feedback is most welcome and is very similar of the hundreds of other feedback I receive from guests on a weekly basis. Hopefully, you will have the opportunity to return to Galway at some point in the future and if so, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Galway Bay Hotel.

Warmest regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went there on January 1st for 2 nights. Staff very friendly. Food beautiful . Hotel very clean. Very relaxing . Lovely walks on sea front. Very reasonable priced. We hope to return later this year. The restaurant , the Lobster Pot was fantastic.

Room Tip: When booking ask for sea view