“A Hotel that fits all your requirements”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland
“A Hotel that fits all your requirements”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My Family stayed at this hotel at the weekend there was eighteen Adults and 8 children and there was extra 10 for dinner it was for my mum and dad. As we were such a big party the hotel accomodated us with all our requirements. The made our stay so enjoyable and so relaxed. I couldnt speak highly enough of the General Manager Declan and the Manager of the Restaurant Barbara who again treated our family with the upmost respect and again did everything to accomdate us. The services was of the highest standard. It took us over six months to get a weekend that suited the whole family and the Galway Bay Hotel made it worthwhile. I would highly recommended this hotel for all groups of people whether you are solo, couple, faimily or friends this hotel is the one. The only downfall was that it was to short of a stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear 'Aoife C',

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. All on the team are delighted that you had such an enjoyable time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and I have passed this on to all on the team. I use feedback such as yours to help me when it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team, who are so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently. Barbara and Declan are thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and pass on a sincere thank you.

We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to us at some point in the future.

Kindest regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Polish first
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for a satuday night Nov 17th. The staff (esp Helena Conneely) were EXTREMLY helpful and pleasant. The service the moment we arrived until check out was second to none! I had been in touch with Helena via email before we arrived to say that we had got engaged and they really did make our stay extra special. Could not fault this hotel at all and look forward to returning!
Shane

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear 'Shane79_12',

Thank you most sincerely for this feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently.

I am delighted to read your comments, your positive feedback is most welcome and of course rewarding. A special occasion for any guest of the hotel is a special occasion for the team here and we like to mark these events with some little 'extras' when brought to our attention. Helena is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and she passes on a heartfelt thank you.

Hopefully, we will see you again in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Kind regards,
ballybofey
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends,the hotel has a great location,close to town with lovely views of Galway bay.The staff are professional,friendly and very helpful.The food was excellent,the rooms were comfortable and spacious and the spa very relaxing and great value.Overall we couldn't ask for more,I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear 'maggiemooBallybofey',

Thank you for your super feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. All on the team are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the hotel itself, the friendly, professional and helpful staff, the excellent food and the comfortable bedrooms is most welcome. I am delighted to read that you find the Galway Bay Hotel to be great value - I do receive this comment quite often. All on the team have requested that I pass on to you a sincere thank you.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some point in the near future.

Warm regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a great place. Fantastic views over the bay. Great for a scenic jog or walk. Lovely old fashioned type of hotel with personal service. Great venue for a conference, or a holiday! Good food and hotel team keen to please. It's a bit out of the centre of Galway, but the stunning views make up for that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear 'suzesue',

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. Thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am thrilled to read your review.

I receive approximately 200 peices of guest feedback through our comprehensive guest feedback log weekly and I have to say that yours is a replica of the overwhelming majority of the feedback received. I hope that you had the opportunity to have the scenic walk or jog you mention. This is a favourite activity of our numerous repeat and regular guests - walking on the promenade looking out on the famous Galway Bay and beautiful Clare Hills - such a fantastic facility to have on our door step! Some guests just like to sit and relax in one of our sea view lounges or sea view conservatories, watching the world go by or indeed watching the 'sun go down on Galway Bay' as the old and famous song goes!

Hopefully we will have the oportunity to welcome you back at some stage in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed in Galway Bay Hotel for 3 days from November 13th to 15th inclusive with my wife, son.daughter in law and 2 children. On arrival we experienced a few minor issues. However when these matters where brought to the attention of management their response was nothing short of miraculous. I can only assume that the minor matters involved where a momentary lapse in what was a truly well run professional hotel worthy of its 4 star rating. I can honestly say we spent a very enjoyable time in the Galway Bay. The facilities were excellent and the food in the Lobster Pot restaurant was first class. It is my intention to make a re visit to the hotel with some friends early in 2013 and i look forward to another enjoyable stay

Room Tip: try and secure rooms with a sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear 'MITZI1947',

Thank you for your super feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. Your feedback is most welcome and all on the team are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the team, the food quality and the service in our Lobster Pot Restuarant is most welcome and I have passed your thoughts on to all on the team. On occasion the odd thing does not go according to plan and I am delighted to read that once you mentioned
it to us we rectified it immediately and ensured that your stay was a most enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back, along with your friends at some point in the near future.

Kindest regards,
ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was on a business /pleasure trip to Galway for a few days... The Service is just excellent, especially in the Lobster Pot Restaurant. Staff very helpful and smiling !. Great Customer Service from the front line staff.. I got a fab room with a wonderful view of salthill promenade, bliss....!. The hotel had a very relaxed athmosphere.... The duty Manager Diarmuid Murphy was very helpful, as indeed was Beatrice that is in charge of room management... - she was very curteous and always had a smile on her face...!.
I would have no hesitation in recommending anyone for a little bit of R & R in the Galway Bay "... they have fantastic midweek deals at the present moment.... I will be back.....!.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mindyIreland
Dear 'mindyIreland',

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback is very encouraging and most rewarding to all on the team. I use feedback such as this to help me when it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently. I am delighted to see the customer service and the smiling team shinning through - positive personality is one of our 'Core Values' which we address on an ongoing basis through our structured in house training program - Exceeding Expectations.

Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future.

Warmest regards,
Trim, Ireland
Reviewed November 18, 2012

After just returning from the Galway Bay Hotel this is a really lovely hotel. Staff where very welcoming on arrival and through out our stay. They where all very helpful and very pleasant. Rooms are really nice and beds are so comfy. We had food in the bar which was really nice and such a relaxed athmosphere about the place. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Will return soon.

Room Tip: Family room is a great size.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear ‘Susan D’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your super feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the hotel in general, the very welcoming, helpful and pleasant staff, the really nice bedrooms and the comfortable beds, the quality of food in the main bar and the atmosphere throughout the hotel is most encouraging and all on the team pass on to you a very heartfelt thank you.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.