Galway Bay Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
3,642 results
All reviewsgalway baythe lobster pot restaurantdan murphyharvest cafesea viewtop classkids clubwedding receptionwedding venueleisure centrewould highly recommend this hotelrestaurant stafffrom start to finishstaff were so friendlyfood was lovelyfantastic hotelgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have just returned from a great weekend at the Galway Bay, There was a bit of a wait to check in but nothing too major. Our room was great, clean and with loads of room. We normally find ourselves a bit cramped in a room when the kids are with us but we had loads of space. We had an issue with our keys when we arrived but one of the accommodation staff by the name of Caroline got us new keys straight away. She was very helpful actually throughout our stay.
Breakfast was lovely, loads on offer. Very friendly staff in the restaurant, we did have to wait for our food at dinner but once it came it was lovely.
The pool is on the small side but the kids enjoyed it.
All in all it was a lovely weekend and we will be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear ‘maureenF521’,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently.

All on the team are delighted that you enjoyed your time here with us and your positive feedback is most welcome. Caroline passes on a sincere thank you to you! She is so happy to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium - you have made her day!

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location for walks on promenade but a long walk into the city which is very pleasant. The rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. It is definitely a hotel which caters for families maybe not for a romantic break! Staff are very friendly and helpful and they work so hard! Breakfasts are excellent with a good variety and excellent service.

Dear ‘theshannons1’,

Thank you very much for this feedback and also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding our location, the comfortable beds, the quality of breakfast and the quality of the staff is most welcome and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I was recently in the Galway bay cafe with a group of friends in the past week. I have to say the service was great and the staff were very helpful. Also the food was fantastic. We weren't the easiest customers to deal with, but a lovely young fella was really helpful.

Dear ‘Noonebop’,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also for choosing to dine in our Harvest Café recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and I have passed it on to the team. We have recently relaunched our Harvest Café, serving morning coffees and afternoon teas, specializing in homemade scones, tarts, desserts and pies. I hope you tried our Harvest bread – a specialty which our numerous local guests really enjoy – infact we have started selling loaves to guests such is its popularity! We also serve a wholesome carvery lunch with a super afternoon snack menu.

Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel as I was attending a wedding at the hotel. Swift booking in procedure,on my own and was given an enormous room with four double beds. Well stocked with tea and coffee. Breakfast served until 11am. Got to restaurant at 1110hrs and asked for a cup of tea, as I knew I was late. Instructed to sit down and given a full Irish breakfast.
Great location over looking Galway Bay.Paid 125 Euro for my room and breakfast.
Must mention wedding reception for those looking for a location. Fantastic food, servered pipping hot and quick. Not sure of cost though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear ‘82jamesr’,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and all on the team would like to pass on to you a very sincere thank you.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the near future.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We arrived at the hotel to find our room overlooked the trash area. We heard crashing bottles and teenagers drinking in the park next door. The hotel is located next to a seedy carnival area. The room was very outdated with cheap furniture, an old tv, a paper thin shower curtain, etc. Our room had one double bed and a twin one. Wifi is available in the lobby but is not available in every room. Later that night we were kept awake by the bar just below our room. Not only did we hear every song's lyrics but also the commotion of the movement of furniture in the bar. I complained twice to the staff who assured me that the music would stop at midnight but at 12:15 it was still going strong. When I went down to the lobby it was filled with partying people. Since people smoke right outside the hotel and the doors are open, the lobby and elevators smelled like smoke. When I finally tried to fall asleep I found that the mattress had two huge craters from years of bodies laying in the same spot for years. This hotel is very expensive for Ireland and is in desperate need of tlc.

4  Thank Shampeu
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Slamster’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. Needless to say, all on the team are terribly upset to view your comments. I receive approximately 250 comments from guests of the hotel on a weekly basis and since the hotel has opened its doors over fourteen years ago, I have not received a comment such as this – it certainly does seem very unusual. Please feel free to drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com