“Wonderful Hotel in a Beautiful Location”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed March 30, 2011

The food was amazing and the service excellent. I LOVED the beds....so comfortable :)
Located only a short bus ride from the downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2011
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear ‘Mainer0307’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay in the Galway Bay Hotel and thank you also for this super review. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback regarding our amazing food, the excellent service and the comfort of our beds is similar to feedback we receive on a daily basis – I receive approximately 250 items of guest feedback on a weekly basis by way of word of mouth when guests checking out, various web sites, letters, comment cards etc and your feedback is a reflection of this overwhelming feedback. thank you again most sincerely and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Warm regards,
Dan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,437)

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed for two nights at the Galway Bay and was delighted with the service and surroundings during my short stay. The staff were very helpful both at reception and in the restaurant and my room was beyond my expectations. I would certainly recommend anyone travelling to Galway to stay at this hotel for a wonderful all-round experience!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear ‘benjo123’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway and thank you for this wonderful review. I have shared your feedback with all on the team and we are all delighted that you had such a wonderful all-round experience. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Staff, Rooms and Service was brilliant. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. without a doubt the best hotel I've stayed in and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Dear ‘Alana_lafferty’,

Thank you most sincerely for this super review of the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you had such a lovely time whilst staying with us and I use feedback such as this to aid me encourage and motivate the team to perform to the highest level consistently. I have shared your views with all on the team and you have made all of our day! Thank you again most sincerely and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.
Warm regards,
Dan Murphy

Reviewed March 28, 2011

After our first days driving on this vacation we arrived in the hotel and were thrilled with our room, fantastic . Breakfast was a feast to behold and Dinner equally good. We drove out around the coast on the next day and it was lovely to return to our room freshly turned over as if we were new guests. We were amazed by the drive from Dublin to Galway, last time we think it took much much longer. This time around our trip to Galway was made all the more pleasant by our stay at this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Dear ‘DawnMarie4mFlorida’,

Thank you for this superb review of the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you stayed here in Salthill during your recent trip to Galway and I am delighted to see that you had such a wonderful time. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to drive around the coast using the hotel as a base – it must be one of the most pleasant and relaxing drives in the world – with the rugged mountains on one side and the sea/lakes on the other – a wonderful way to spend a relaxing day. You are quite correct to mention the trip from Dublin to Galway. It is now continuous motorway from city to city and is now less than 120 minutes travel time. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have just come back from a weekend break with my sisters and mother at the Galway Bay Hotel. I have to say it was the most wonderful weekend. The hotel was beautiful with lovely clean comfortable rooms. The food was wonderful and not just the dinner and breakfast. We stayed for lunch the first day we arrived and would highly recommend the carvery. The restaurant staff were superb and could not do enough. The hotel manager Diarmuid was outstanding and could not do enough for me and my family. It was the most pleasurable weekend stay in a hotel that i can remember for a long time. Galway Bay is one of the most beautiful places and if you like walking or running you can literally leave the front steps of the hotel and start your walk or run on the promenade. It's amazing and only a stone's throw from Galway City. I would definitely stay there again.

Dear ‘Carolynedeer’,

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review of the Galway Bay Hotel following on from your recent family break. Your comments are most welcome and I have passed this feedback onto all on the team. You mention Diarmuid specifically and he is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive light through such a public medium – please accept his sincere gratitude. I am extremely lucky to have superb people such as Diarmuid on the team who are so passionate when it comes to delivering top class costumer service to all guests consistently – they certainly do make my job so much easier. We are delighted to read your feedback regarding our food – particularly the carvery in our Harvest Bistro. In 2010 we were awarded second place in the county in ‘George Hooks Best Carvery Awards in Ireland’. Thank you again most sincerely and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed in galway bay hotel as a large group celebrating a graduation .The hotel itself was first class the rooms spotless and the beds heavenly.The breakfast was excellent .The staff ithroughout the whole hotel were pleasant and helpful we would certainly stay here again.

Dear ‘Greattime 2011’,

Thank you very much for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel for your recent family gathering. I am delighted to read that you had such a lovely time. We are a very popular destination for all types of family celebrations for all of the reasons you outline and I do greatly appreciate your positive feedback. I am particularly delighted to read that our hotel and indeed the bedrooms are spotless. Recently, we achieved the IASI excellence award for excellence in housekeeping standards. I, my Accommodations Manager and all of the accommodation team are particularly proud of this award and we look forward to maintaining these very high standards into the future. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

I've travelled the World quite extensiveley and stayed in the some fabulous business hotels, but as an all round customer satisfaction package, the Galway Bay Hotel is the only place I can honestly say delivers the whole deal. Absolutely exemplary service from the most courteous of staff, in every department; excellent quality food; superb, and remarkably prompt housekeeping; good wine list.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear ’Joeinjeddah’,

What a review! Thank you most sincerely for this fantastic feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us here in the Galway Bay Hotel. We strive on a daily basis in all areas of the hotel to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am thrilled that we exceeded yours. It really does mean a great deal to myself and all on the team and this gives a great boost to morale levels throughout. All on the team thank you most sincerely and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.