All reviewseyre squaregreat locationbit datedtrain stationcentral locationhotel barspent nightswould stay againaran islandsfew minutes walkirish breakfastgalway citypubsmohercliffssalthill
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I enjoyed a couple of night stay at Victoria Hotel in Galway.
The first thing to state is without a doubt its grat location, in fact it's right in the heart of the city.
The style of the hotel is probably a bit old fashioned, but the rooms are comfortable and clean.
The full Irish breakfast they provide is very good and accompained by other continental things such as jam, butter or brioches.
Galway is the perfect base for many excursions in the West side of Ireland and this hotel is definetely a very good choice!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here with a group of friends on a girls night out in Galway. Was a last minute decision to travel to Galway on a Bank Holiday Sunday night so we booked first place we could find.

The hotel is very dated and the rooms very basic and in serious need of an update. However they were clean and spacious.

The staff were not the friendliest either and seemed like they did not want to be there.

Considering we were only looking for a place to get ready and sleep that was within walking distance of the nightlife it was fine as the hotel is only a 5 minute walk from Eyre Square.

However I can't say I would return anytime soon to this hotel as price wise it is not any cheaper than alot of the other much nicer hotels nearby.

Well worth paying a bit extra for a nice modern hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jojo8814
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed in this old fashioned, but comfortable hotel for 6 nights. Breakfast was very good, staff is kind, but there was one funny thing about my room - it was positioned almost at the bus station! Once I got to the room for the first time I started looking around and when I moved thick curtains from the window to check the view, I came almost face to face with a bus driver, sitting at the driving wheel. Then I quickly put back the curtains and went to the other window and there was another bus and another driver there too!
Since I was out of room from morning till evening, I did not perceive this as a problem.
I liked Galway and I was happy to be there and I would definitely stay at Victoria Hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed here for two nights, great breakfast. Room comfortable and quite. Staff very friendly. Would stay here again. Not very happy with having to pay in full on arrival. Bar staff friendly. Room a bit dated but bed linen v clean and fresh.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Majella78
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Pros: it's very central, right in Eyre Square. Bathrooms appear to have had a facelift recently enough so that's good. Reception staff are pleasant.
Cons: rooms themselves, hallways, stairwells all appear pretty tired and dated. Staff could be better presented. Records need to be sorted as we were asked for payment on check-in despite being with a group booking and organiser had already paid.
Hotel can justify charges based on location but being a frequent flyer to Galway, I would pay money elsewhere for better standard of accommodation. Have stayed in Galway Bay, Salthill Hotel and The Twelve Hotel. All further out the coast road but I'd pay taxi fare in lieu of staying here again. That's a personal preference. If you are looking for a convenient spot to bed down, close to town then this hotel will more than suffice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends