All reviews eyre square great location bit dated train station two nights hotel bar would stay again aran islands spacious room city centre irish breakfast pubs moher cliffs salthill
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My partner and I were gifted an overnight stay in this hotel as a Christmas present from his mother. We were both very excited about our first overnight away from our almost two year old son as she was babysitting as well! We arrived on a bright and sunny afternoon and stepped into what can only be described as the dingiest and most unimpressive hotel I personally have ever been in. We did check in and go up to our room, where, although the bathroom was clean, the wall paper on the walls was ripped and peeling in places, the window was painted shut, the floor/carpet was stained, the light fixtures and lamps shades were falling off/apart the material on the chairs was filthy and ripped, all of the furniture was I serious need of replacement...I could go on but you get the idea. I don't usually writes reviews or tend to complain. I'm in hospitality as a profession and I can assure you, other than the very nice girl at the front desk, there was nothing hospitable about this hotel. We promptly made a booking elsewhere and they did refund us no questions asked, which in itself speaks volumes. I highly recommend the owners review their hotel accommodations and begin to upgrade, otherwise I can only imagine the reviews will not improve if they do not!

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alexandra E
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Totally Disgusting experience. The bed sheets were soiled (Human feces) On telling the night manager, he did change the sheets. However the following morning when we reported the incident to the receptionist, she had nothing to say on the matter and hardly offered an apology.
On top of this we had to wait for more than an half an hour to be served our breakfast and once again the complaints fell on deaf ears. Overall a horrific experience, not in any way appeased the the way in which our complaints were dealt with. To add insult to injury on returning home I send an email of complaint to the hotel which was never acknowledged . I found the entire experience very distasteful and stressful.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank nennytina
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

No complaints at all with this hotel. For the location the price was excellent. The room was very basic, however it was comfortable, big in size, tv worked and shower was good. Room was clean.

Right beside the eyre square shopping centre, 2 mins walk from shop street, 5 mins from quay street.

Perfect for what we're looking for.

Staff here were excellent, easy check in / out and very friendly & professional

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaveL312
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Visible dirt on bed linen,rust/limescale on shower head,mould on windows and ceiling.smell of mould in rooms and no heating at night.tiny rooms.staff not friendly.only benefit is location.very disappointed with price/value for money.will not stay here again.

4  Thank j_m2109
Reviewed December 19, 2013

stayed for one night, very central to Eyre Square, double room was lovely, returned to the hotel after our night out and descided to have a drink in the bar, had to wait for 15 minutes, a lot of people waiting for drinks, some left disgusted. Barman finally arrived.

Date of stay: October 2013