All reviewseyre squaregreat locationbit datedtrain stationcentral locationhotel barcontinental breakfastspent nightswould stay againaran islandsfew minutes walkbreakfast was excellentgalway citypubsmohercliffssalthill
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed there recently for one night on a short break and was very pleased. Having arrived by train it took about 5 minutes to walk to the Victoria. The reception staff were lovely and most helpful. The room was fine with large bathroom and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was very nice with plenty of everything. The location is superb right next to Eyre Square. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Having made the short walk from the Bus Centre to the hotel we were very pleasantly surprised upon our arrival at the quality of the place and our room in particular. For what we had paid we were very happy with the quality. The breakfast was quite nice, and filling, and reasonably priced. Great location and a nice little bar attached for a quiet nightcap before bed. Only complaint was that the lighting in the room was a bit dim. Overall great place, would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richard m
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here for work. My (twin) room was ok. First thing I needed to do when I got there was charge my phone, the only sockets are behind the tv stand, with the tv taking up the two of them. Very awkward.
Over all it's fine, needs a bit of updating. The breakfast was ok, fresh items, and hot food cooked to order.
It was reasonably quiet, but I was overlooking the car park anyway. Could hear light switches being turned on and off in other rooms though.
Bed was reasonably comfortable.

The girls at the desk seem friendly and helpful, but when asked to help, aren't always so nice. No major issues however.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Arrived by train with friends after having stayed in London/Liverpool/Dublin. Out of the four hotels we stayed in, this was the only one with a bath tub! So the first thing I did was jump in the bath and have a super soak! It was so relaxing. This is why I'm giving this hotel five stars!

Lovely big room, comfortable bed. Very close to Galway station; in fact, walkable to everywhere. Great continental or cooked breakfast in the morning. Extremely friendly and helpful reception staff.

Would I stay here again? Definitely!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chris49
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was referred to the Victoria by their sister property and very thankful they did. A friend of mine had stayed there in the past also and really liked it. From the moment I walked through the door I felt I was in good hands. The prices were reasonable. There was always someone at the desk upon coming and going the hotel, leaving me feeling safe at this location. The housekeeping staff was very kind, leaving items outside my door to the "do not disturb" sign on the handle. The restaurant staff was fantastic. My server greeted me every morning, she sang along with the house music, was polite to everyone in the dining area and over all just had a welcoming, warm presence about her. The food was wonderful with plenty to choose from each morning. The guestroom was clean and had everything I needed to make my stay comfortable. I spent 3 nights I found myself staying in one night to watch some TV and enjoy the comforts as this hotel quiet and accommated everything I needed. The location was perfect...just a short walk in any direction put me in the nightlife, Erye Square or a the Bay. PERFECT ALL AROUND!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo