“Loved my stay here”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Arrived by train with friends after having stayed in London/Liverpool/Dublin. Out of the four hotels we stayed in, this was the only one with a bath tub! So the first thing I did was jump in the bath and have a super soak! It was so relaxing. This is why I'm giving this hotel five stars!

Lovely big room, comfortable bed. Very close to Galway station; in fact, walkable to everywhere. Great continental or cooked breakfast in the morning. Extremely friendly and helpful reception staff.

Would I stay here again? Definitely!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chris49

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was referred to the Victoria by their sister property and very thankful they did. A friend of mine had stayed there in the past also and really liked it. From the moment I walked through the door I felt I was in good hands. The prices were reasonable. There was always someone at the desk upon coming and going the hotel, leaving me feeling safe at this location. The housekeeping staff was very kind, leaving items outside my door to the "do not disturb" sign on the handle. The restaurant staff was fantastic. My server greeted me every morning, she sang along with the house music, was polite to everyone in the dining area and over all just had a welcoming, warm presence about her. The food was wonderful with plenty to choose from each morning. The guestroom was clean and had everything I needed to make my stay comfortable. I spent 3 nights I found myself staying in one night to watch some TV and enjoy the comforts as this hotel quiet and accommated everything I needed. The location was perfect...just a short walk in any direction put me in the nightlife, Erye Square or a the Bay. PERFECT ALL AROUND!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A group of us spent the weekend in the Victoria. It was an excellent choice. Great location. Great food. Had dinner on the night we arrived. Excellent. Staff were so obliging. Rooms lovely and beds very comfortable. It is so central. We had a great weekend. Will definitely be back. Higly recommend it.

Teresa, Caroline, Margaret, Maureen, Peg and Fran.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 4th floor. But I stayed there a fews years ago and stayed on 2nd floor. No dist...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nice hotel and a pretty good location. We came in from Dublin by train and the station is only a couple of blocks away. Also not a long walk to get to the Spanish Quarter. Room was good size. My only problem was with the TV. Old and couldn’t get all channels. Nice pub too. Reception was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sushi3
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is no denying that this is a very well located hotel, were it not; it would get a "POOR" rating from my wife and me. On arrival I was disappointed to discover there was no parking at the hotel, it didn't help that the reception staff seemed to care little for my discomfort, indeed the reception staff left a lot to be desired, but enough about that. The room was small and basic but that didn't matter to us, however the fact that it was cold most certainly did. The highlight of our stay was definitely the breakfast. Served by a most pleasant young lady the food was plentiful and well cooked. Would I go back? The location makes up for some inadequacies, but surely in this day and age a bedroom should not be cold, and a smiling receptionist can't be too much to ask for. Probably won't be back..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in October. While the room was fine, clean and comfortable, the t.v. was old with a limited channel choice. I had the cooked breakfast each morning and the scrambled eggs were particularly good, but otherwise I would rate this hotel as average. The location hotel is its chief attraction, it is very central, just off Eyre Square, but the overall feel is a bit impersonal with the bar being particularly dull.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We had stayed at this hotel previously do knew what to expect. This time around we got a great rate so were pleased to stay again. Hotel location is second to none, it's right on eyre square so shopping , dining out etc is not a problem. Parking is at a near by multi story and is good value. Rooms are basic and clean. Breakfast was ok - much smaller portions for the cooked breakfast than the last time we stayed but the buffet is decent. We would definitely stay again next time we are in galway

• Stayed: October 2012