“Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Galway
“Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Travelling by bus, this hotel is in easy walking distance of both bus stations in Galway. The hotel has good rooms, and the dining room serves very good breakfasts. The dinner menu was varied, and the food well cooked and presented. I stayed at the hotel on my way north and decided to stay there again on my way back south. In the first room I found the air conditioning noise was bothersome, but the second room was much quieter. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Kathleen F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a stag do back in February. Great location off the centre. Hotel is pricey though as a result. Some reception staff are abrupt in manner which wasn't a good start.

Here's the second false start. Rooms are old and depressing with peeling wallpaper, broken fixtures and cables with dodgy old tvs similar to a cheap motel.

Food in the bar is mediocre at best and they hadn't a lot of the basic stuff available on the menu. The pints are shockingly bad and service seems clueless at times also.

The hotel seems to cater for stag and hen nights mostly which is ok, but outside of this the park bench on Eyre Square would be just as good for couples or tourists who value and respect themselves.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank thedonscork

Travelers are raving about these Galway hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My friend and I stayed here overnight from a Monday to Tuesday in August and we wouldn't go here again. We went to our room and the door was so stiff we couldn't open it. I went downstairs to inform them and got told 'it was fine earlier', we were given another room. The next door was stiff also and it took both of us to open it. The room was presentable but I had a hair on my bed and ink stains on the sheets. The bathroom had chips in the bath, a rushy towel rail and then later when I had a bath I couldn't turn the cold water off, we both tried. I called reception and a member of staff came and after five minutes he told us 'only needed a firm grip'. The next morning at 7am three times an alarm went off, think it was either a firedoor or faulty firealarm. I called reception, got told it was getting fixed and they hung up. Also, as we were on the second floor the noise of the bus station was very loud, if we were on the 4th floor it would have been quieter. At breakfast I asked if they had soy milk as I am dairy intolerant and they said no.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1JOLondon1
San Diego, Cal.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Spent the weekend at his hotel. I arrived at about 10:15 pm after having traveled for nearly 24 hours and missing a plane and a train. When I asked about a meal I was told the restaurant was closed the the pub was no longer serving food. I asked about a packaged biscuit. Taking pity on me the woman at the front desk called the manager on duty who made me a ham and cheese toasty with salad. For free! They offered to bring it to my room or the lounge as there was a stag party in the pub and it was very loud. It was very thoughtful . This level of service remained through out our stay. The location just around the corner from the train station and eyre square is perfect . The rooms are simple and clean. What would expect for a three star. Overall it was great value for money considering the service and location. I wold stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank youngboo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel is close to everything but the standard of cleanliness is appalling ; rusty towel rail, peeling wallpaper, smelly damp room,dingy furnishings, cigarette smell & burns in room won't be staying here again

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Stemna123
Ireland
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel has a very welcoming entrance and reception area. However for €100 you would expect to get a room where the wall paper was not hanging off the wall and a more modern up to date television. The bathroom was very good though. It was good and spacious. The location of the hotel was very good, just round the corner from Eyre Square. The rooms were quiet. Car park is located a short walk away and there is a deal offer with the car park. €8 overnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
LONGFORD
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel was one of 11 I phoned to get accomadation in Galway. Tucked around the corner from Eyre Square its location to everything in Galway was great. Rooms were large and airy,only complaint was the TV very old and outdated. Breakfast was fast and fresh and parking down the road bit of nusiance in the rain, but hey this is Ireland!!Overall good value Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends