“ideal for an hostel”

Ranked #1 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Galway
A
“ideal for an hostel”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Location is just perfect close o the coaches station and city center. Rooms are clean, quiet (well that's not on hostel depend but it was quiet when I was there), shower are in the room which is rare in hostel.
Staff is lovely, they gave me all inquiries I needed and much more.
breakfast was great anough of everything and I loved the scones!!!
I recomend it without any hesitation!!!

Room Tip: I have chosen female room for 6 persons, It was great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Kinlay House was by far the best hostel I have stayed at. The facilities look more like a hotel rather than a hostel. Large rooms, plenty of common areas and eating space plus such a great value! Also the security and location are more than you could ask for. You are right in the center of Galway city and in walking distance to all of the main sites and hangouts. Only negative if there would have to be one would be paying for parking, but that is common for most cities. I would recomened Kinlay House to anyone looking for a great place to stay for a great price in Galway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I came to Kinlay in Galway not expecting too much, since I had stayed at Kinlay in Dublin and didnt love it. However, I have to say Galways Kinlay is nothing like Dublins. I felt like I was staying in a hotel! My friends and I kept pointing out all the nice features! I had a girls dorm, it was great, they provided everything...even a hair dryer! Great location, excellent breakfast, good security, and very friendly/helpful staff! Ended up staying longer than planned!

Room Tip: If your a girl traveling, I recommended spending the extra euro or two on a all girls dorm, it was n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Glenside, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Kinlay House Hostel was absolutely fantastic! The staff was incredibly kind & friendly & made you feel like you were family. The hostel was very clean & offered a home away from home for the week. The location of Kinlay was in the heart of Galway & anything your heart desired was in walking distance. I would go back in a heart beat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glenside, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A group of about 25 of us stayed here for our spring break and it was awesome. The workers were so accommodating, and helpful. They allowed us to stay in the lounge area until 4:30am to drink and hangout with friends. It has a perfect location on Eyre Square which is the heart of Galway City. Some people complained of a cold shower but we had no such trouble. I will definitely be going back some time in the future!

Room Tip: If you are not willing to share a room with strangers, make sure to get a smaller room where you fil...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A must stay when in Galway.
Great price, helpful staff.
Clean, quiet, spacious safe rooms and great kitchen facilities.
Huge dining room and comfy lounge.
Complementary breakfast.
Good location and discounted parking rates.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Longford, Ireland
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here recently and wouldn't fault it apart from the cold shower.

I only paid €25 and a €15 deposit so wouldn't complain too much about the shower. I was dissappointed however that I wasn't given my deposit back on leaving. The deposit was for noise or damage as far as I'm aware and there was no suggestion that I or the others in the room caused either. I was simply told that four deposits were paid and these were returned to the first four to leave. As I was the last of six in the room to leave I was out of pocket. It was worth €40 but I would prefer if they had just charged me this rather than giving my deposit to someone else.

Room Tip: Ask for a receipt with your name on it for your deposit.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends